IT Strategy Consultant, Public Sector, Oslo
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the Consulting team is growing its team in Oslo.
The Consultant will join a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of large-scale organisations including but not limited to the Public Sector. You will form part of a project team that advises clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the highest Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies. As a successful Consultant, you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Completed university level education with an outstanding and consistent academic record, MBA qualification preferred;
- Significant IT industry understanding; experience in the Public Sector advantageous;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Fluency in both English and Norwegian languages, written and spoken essential
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Willingness to be based in our Oslo office and travel as required (potentially several days per week);
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Job Requisition ID:G20959
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.