Technical Support Specialist
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this team:
The Technical Support Specialist provides second level support to identify and solve technical issues escalated by the Help Desk to meet Gartner standards and SLA's for all Gartner Associates globally, as well as support for complex technical issues. Provides technical expertise on projects, site visits and Gartner Events support.
What you’ll do:
- Escalated level 1and 2 technical support: Provides advanced technical hardware troubleshooting & diagnosis, software troubleshooting/installation, and information gathering to provide business solutions.
- Remote office visits (when required)
- Asset Management: Accurately manages all asset life cycles to allow for the most efficient deployment of assets throughout the company.
- Events & Symposiums: Ensure Gartner delivers world class events to our clients, liaise with Event teams and/or lead Tech Support members at Symposium as the escalation point for all Technical Support related issues onsite.
- Active Management of Service Request, Incident, and Activities: Responsible for ensuring all associate interactions are accurately documented, assigned, and communicated through ServiceNow.
- Participate in development, implementation, and improvement of support policies, process and best practices.
- Successful delivery of IT services within defined SLA’s to associates in support of the operation of Gartner’s business.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in a technical support role
- Good knowledge of networking concepts; servers; LANs/WANs and Cloud
- Excellent knowledge in using help desk call logging system
- Extensive knowledge with standard Microsoft products and platforms
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, able to deal independently with staff at all levels in the organization including senior executives (verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skill
- Ability to take ownership of escalated issues in difficult situations and drive to resolution
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development - We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Performance based recognition and rewards
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.