What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves thousands of business and technology leaders at global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited career development opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
About the role:
To flawlessly deliver 5 – 6 ANZ conferences as the Event Manager, as part of the global events team; creating exceptional customer experiences for every attendee, sponsor and associate
Role responsibilities and expectations:
- Responsibility for the flawless delivery of ANZ Conferences while working as part of the global event operations team
- Communication and collaboration across event teams to ensure seamless delivery of first class events
- Direct responsibility for event budgets including preparation, negotiations, accurate monthly forecasts for events totaling $4.5m in expense, alert management for risks and recommendations for corrective action
- Effective management of event partners including regular reviews and negotiation of contracts beneficial to Gartner to ensure that we are working with best in class partners
- Venue management including but not limited to meeting facilities, capacity management, F&B and housing
- Event management including but not limited to A/V, speaker management, registration, branding and signage
- Actively participate in the process of reviewing, enhancing and executing event features and programs, analyzing attendee feedback to ensure we are delivering exceptional, relevant event experiences
- Effective project management including leading the team to adhere to timelines and templates
- Accurately track and evaluate results on overall project goals – be solution driven in attaining those goals and driven in achieving the results
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures in line with the global standards
- Be a key member of the global event operations team – build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices to continuously raise the level of our events across the world
- Understand Gartner strategies associated with conferences and translate these into live event experiences
- Team management of contractors to support the events
- Collaborate on ANZ calendar planning, capacity and venue strategies to achieve growth goals
- Negotiate with venues on pricing and terms and conditions, working closely with the global Procurement team
- Collaborate to drive ANZ strategy to increase attendance and exhibitor retention.
- Support and attend global events as needed
Essential must-have skills:
- Flawless client experience with high client satisfaction scores and strong client retention
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Leadership of event team
- Achievement of financial objectives through strong financial management
- Engagement and effective management of suppliers
- Exceptional operational efficiency
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.comJob Requisition ID:53894
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.