Manager, Conference Attendance Sales
About this role:
The Manager, Conference Attendance Sales (CAS), is responsible for the day to day management of Conference Attendance Sales team (CAS) to grow Conference revenue and attendance to global conferences.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 6-8 Conference Attendance Sales Specialists
- Monitor and roll up of monthly and quarterly forecast
- Work with your team members on accounts to drive pipeline activity and growth
- Implementation of employee and client retention strategy
- Performance management of associate
- Create individual development plans for associates
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant sales compensation plans
- Encourage and champion training efforts
- Conduct review and plan sessions with CAS
- Comprehensive understanding of client prospect markets and opportunities to assist CAS in planning
- Strategic business development
- Assist, when necessary, in contract negotiations with clients and prospects
- Work with Gartner lines of business to ensure sales process works effectively to close business
- Comprehensive understanding of competition
What you'll need:
- Minimum 3+ years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services, software or hardware) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor subordinates
- 1+ years of people management experience preferred
- Ability to deliver (to associates) company objectives and develop plans to execute against these strategies
- Proven ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated Conference solutions that provide IT decisions support to global organizations in achieving their business goals
- Established C-level contacts and knowledge of the global issues they face
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centres
- Extensive industry specific and account knowledge
What we offer:
- We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits from day one and uncapped earning potential.
- Performance-based awards, including luxury trips for high achievers
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:29644
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.