Leadership Partner - Sourcing Vendor Management
Leadership Partner- Sourcing and Vendor Management
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Fortune 500 organizations and government agencies. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. You will have the opportunity to provide Advisory guidance to executives across various functions including Vendor Mgmt, Sourcing and IT Finance. Learn about and deliver solutions for, the most complex technology challenges facing the world’s largest community of Fortune 500 clients.
What you’ll do:
- Manage 25-30 member relationships, and participates in account planning with Gartner Leadership Client Managers and Account Executives.
- Assist members to achieve their Mission Critical Priorities by leveraging the appropriate Gartner assets
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for the members and multi-member accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized engagement plan in accordance with overall product strategy and deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at their location in support of key initiatives.
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
What you’ll need:
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years’ working experience; working in a senior Sourcing, VM, Procurement or IT Finance role for 5+ years or with 5+ years in other SVM or Procurement area (e.g. Consulting)
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry, it’s vendors and suppliers and the role of Senior SVM, procurement, Finance and IT leadership
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends.
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Sr. IT Leadership
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with Sr. IT Leadership
- Experience working within a Target-driven organization
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Subject Matter Expertise:
Vendor Management Focus
- Provides advisory guidance to Executives Responsible for the Vendor Management Office from inception through maturation.
Sourcing and Procurement Focus
- Provides advisory guidance to Sourcing and Procurement Executives including topics such as Hybrid Sourcing. Cloud Sourcing, Outsourcing and resulting SLAs and contracts.
Business of IT Focus
- Provides advisory guidance to Executives Responsible for IT Finance, the Business Value of IT, IT Budgeting and Business Relationship Management
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our Member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- This role is a Client-facing position that requires a high level of Executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Enterprise IT Leaders provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:30758
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.