We are currently seeking candidates interested in the position of Conference Associate. The team develops and coordinates over 500 client meetings and 900 virtual events each year across all Gartner programs.
The Conference Associate is responsible for event capacity management, materials management, communication and registration reporting and analysis for both meetings and virtual events. This individual serves as a department liaison to both internal clients and external vendors and participates in project work to expand the event services offered to the firm.
The Conference Associate position provides broad exposure to global corporate communication, relationship building, vendor management, virtual event technologies, training and project management, and problem-solving skills.
This position would suit an ambitious professional looking for an opportunity to grow into a leadership role and develop their corporate event management skills at a professional services company. Demonstrating superior poise and grace under pressure, the ideal candidate has excellent time management skills, is detail oriented, is comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment and maintaining flexibility in their day to day workflow.
- Partner with internal staff and Conference Planners to ensure that all details are addressed prior to each client event
- Support Conference Planners as necessary when they are off-site at events
- Respond to internal staff inquiries regarding event related logistics
- Manage the Gartner Meetings main phone lines and email boxes, responding to inquiries
- Receive, track and respond to attendee requests; identify trends and troubleshoot when necessary
- Process event registrations, run reports to support event planning and alert Conference Planners to registration trends (waitlists, cancellations, events at full capacity, etc.)
- Manage all client facing, event related communications and websites across the registration lifecycle
- Act as project manager for event collateral/presentation materials, proofing across regions and time zones, and serve as final department sign-off on event materials ensuring all deadlines are met
- Prepare materials for each event including name tags and table tents
- Ship supplies to each event, ensuring appropriate quantities and confirming arrival onsite
- Maintain a well-stocked and accessible supply room
- Train research and advisory partners on virtual event technology, Conferences processes, and resources
- Provide data analysis and track historical attendance trends in order to predict future registration patterns
- Manage and execute virtual events, handling budget allocation, program partnership, onsite execution and post event follow-up
- Manage virtual events vendors including feedback, billing, and daily service
- Liaise with global events teams located in the Sydney, London, Chicago and Washington, DC offices on process changes and improvements across the department
- Perform special projects to further event product and workflow
Attributes that a successful candidate would possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Minimum 1-2 years professional work experience
- Results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic
- Solid computer and analytical skills: proficiency Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Outlook, Word and Excel) and customer relations databases preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Superior poise and judgment (demonstrated “grace under pressure”) with both internal and external constituencies
- Ability to work well in ambiguous situations with little information/direction across multiple regions
- Comfort working with and ability to upward manage senior executives
- Innovative approach to process and workflow
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong service ethic
- Strong record of achievement in current position
- Interest in meeting/event planning, some event planning/experience desirable
- Prior knowledge of hospitality/food and beverage/hotel industry desirable
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
Job Requisition ID:37334
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.