Sr Managing Partner, Invest
Our Managing Partners are responsible for sustaining and growing Gartner’s consulting relationship with a defined portfolio of Gartner clients. As a Managing Partner, you will advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters - showcasing how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. Our Managing Partners collaborate with Expert Partners, Account Executives and others to bring the best solutions to our clients.
Specifically, we’re looking for a Managing Partner to help grow and shape our Invest practice. This practice focuses on private equity, hedge funds, pension funds, and corporate development. Focus areas include data-driven commercial due diligence, capability and maturity assessments, cost benchmarking and overall technology strategy. As a Managing Partner, you will help to drive the overall practice strategy and development, be responsible for the sales and delivery of projects and work directly with clients and management teams to support diligence on acquisition targets and portfolio companies.
You will manage client relationships to develop initial and on-going relationships. You will participate in the analysis, and communication of the relevant trends impacting the markets relevant to the clients’ investment. And you will be guiding the engagement teams to develop qualified analytical findings and recommendations.
Currently our Consulting Invest core capability is in commercial due diligence. Today, our commercial due diligence practice capabilities focus on:
- Market Qualification (trends, dynamics, risks, drivers, etc.)
- Market Quantification (forecast by factor, region, vertical, deployment, etc.)
- Competitive Analysis (SWOT, differentiation, positioning, etc.)
- Voice-of-the-Customer (forecast by factor, region, vertical, deployment, etc.)
Growth opportunities include operational, technical due diligence as well as portfolio company strategy & support. The Invest team is responsible for developing tailor-made solutions founded on Gartner IP, while working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. In this highly collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with colleagues from across Gartner Consulting, Gartner Research and our sales teams on a daily basis to drive success successful outcomes for Gartner and our clients.
- Sales and Delivery experience within a management consultancy or investment management/financial services experience in a business development and project delivery capacity
- Fluency in discussing acquisition deal process, understanding financial models and risks, and providing strategic analysis in concise manner
- Knowledge of trends in consumer and enterprise technology, including but not limited to concepts in IT architecture, software markets, data management, cloud, IoT and next gen technologies
- A strong track record leading people and building high-performing teams in a consulting and/or technology environment
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must be able to adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to identify and address our client’s most pressing business challenges
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Comfortable selling to, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior client executives and internal business unit partners
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Track record in achieving / exceeding sales, revenue and utilization targets
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Travel primarily within North America
Job Requisition ID:38622
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.