Principal, Advisory- CPG- L2/Gartner
L2 now Gartner is a subscription-based business that benchmarks the digital performance of brands to help chief marketing officers (CMOs) and senior business leaders identify digital marketing strengths and weaknesses, inform capital allocation decisions, and educate their teams on industry trends and digital innovation. L2 combined with Gartner's broad industry coverage offers the best source of objective marketing data, insights and advice for CMOs and senior business leaders.
- Responsible for leading a set of client relationships, usually 10-15 in the Consumer Products Goods industry.
- Lead a team of associates to develop and present client deliverables (e.g. Deep Dives, strategy modules) that provide member brands an objective assessment of digital strengths/weaknesses, performance benchmarks against industry competitors and peers, identification of best practices across the digital landscape, and a prioritized set of opportunities to drive forward their digital performance, all to be delivered over 2-3 hour in-person presentations.
- Synthesize data across internal and external sources using Excel, visualize findings via PowerPoint, and contextualize resulting strategy recommendations for clients
- Directly respond to client inquiries in their sector or coordinate responses to clients with appropriate subject matter experts.
- Serve as a key thought partner to Research teams, helping to identify emerging trends, provide insight into client priorities, and support the development of our digital insights.
- Partner with Account Executive(s) to manage ongoing client engagement and drive client upsells and renewals; drive new client development by supporting the business development team on client proposals.
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Experience in CPG/Retail Industry, Digital Marketing and/or Consulting required
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Direct management responsibility for 1-3 associates
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data; digital marketing/e-commerce subject matter expertise preferred
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills a must
- Strong presentation skills and client presence, exhibited through interactions with senior management
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice, and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries— across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size. To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:28970
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.