Management Consultant, Cyber Security
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have had. While we are passionate about technology and its application, our true passion is attracting the most innovative, creative, talented and driven consultants to leverage our world-renowned Gartner Research to improve the bottom line for our global consulting clients. Due to our success, Gartner is currently in the process of expanding our high-performance consulting team. As one of our talented consultants you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting business-centric technology-driven engagements in the marketplace today.
About Gartner Consulting:
Gartner Consulting has no downstream commitments or associations with suppliers of ICT services that would prejudice our unbiased assessments.
The IT Security and Risk practice is an important part of Gartner’s current success. To support our future ambitions, we are seeking a talented consultant to take a key role in the development of this sector.
Gartner’s strategy, which you will be implementing, is to focus on a small number of clients, with whom we will build strategic relationships, based on consulting capabilities in world-class areas of expertise:
- IT Strategy / Assessment
- IT Cost Optimization
- Applications Modernization (including ERP)
- Infrastructure Modernization
- IT Security.
Led by our Managing Partners, we develop sustained relationships with select clients by selling and delivering high impact engagements focused on our client’s most important IT-driven business initiatives, using both repeatable and custom solutions based on distinctive capabilities and a high degree of industry relevance in our top talent engagement teams.
Gartner engagements are typically high-value, strategic engagements, ranging from 1 month or more and up to $1m+. Gartner is not transaction oriented; we concentrate on our overall relationship with a client, not selling a large transaction. Teams are formed from solution experts, with industry expertise where appropriate, often, but not exclusively drawn from our North American consulting group. Team sizes are usually up to three to four consultants, and very seldom over ten. Gartner consultants enjoy high visibility with clients, and internally. Growth opportunities are many. Please visit our website at www.gartner.com
Position Accountabilities and Specific Duties
As a Gartner consultant you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing, and delivering real business value to our clients by successfully managing their strategic and technical security program investments and defining their future state security and Go-to-Market strategies.
As a Gartner management consultant within our security practice, you will:
- Work on all components of engagement proposals including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Work with key regional stakeholders and directors to draft key sections of large-sized engagement proposals especially approach and methodology.
- Work closely with the Industry leads and Managing Partners to drive continued business and client success.
- Manage and lead Security and Risk project teams. Supervise and mentor any/all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your project team or any sub-contracted personnel assigned to the engagement.
- Identify, develop, and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
- Be responsible for providing detailed expertise into the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
- Coordinate and communicate the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders.
- Maintain a senior consultant level expertise and currency in the field of Security including a detailed understanding of the leading security technologies and trends in the industry.
- Develop, build and maintain client relationships
- Develop relationships with key Gartner leadership and associates in the regions as well as other industry vertical associates
- Contribute to the development of regional specific and practice/industry focused custom campaigns to grow the Security and Risk Management Practice as part of our One Gartner strategy
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital, project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies
Requirements / Ideal Experience
At Gartner Consulting we are looking for enthusiastic, committed consulting professionals who are able to work both independently and as part of a matrixed environment / team. Ideally you will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree; MBA or advanced technical degree from a top program is preferred. Candidates should have a minimum two to five years demonstrable experience in either a technical or business environment.
You will be expected to demonstrate consulting experience ideally achieved within an established business and/or IT consulting firm, as well as present outstanding leadership capabilities, illustrating proficiency in both verbal and written communications.
In addition you will have a proven knowledge of, and proven hands-on experience in:
- Financial services related security programs and a strong understanding of the regulatory implications and frameworks (Sarbanes Oxley, NY DFARs, etc)
- Current information security technology and methodologies including security analytics, insider threat management, high transaction volume security identity management and access control, intrusion prevention, forensic investigation, audit and penetration testing, risk analysis, security and contingency planning, incident response, training and awareness
- Expertise in risk assessment and information security risk management.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM); Certified Project Management Professional (PMP); Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail, ability to prioritize and leverage a team.
Job Requisition ID:34252
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.