Director, IT Strategy CPG / Manufacturing / Retail
Responsibilities of the Role:
The Director will work as part of an industry team (MCRU) dedicated to serving and growing a portfolio of accounts that consist of multinational, global or large-size organizations. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes
As a Director, you will:
- Understand pressing market issues, challenges, and business drivers for The MCRU Industry and determine areas where Gartner Consulting can add the most value
- Identify and develop opportunities where Gartner Consulting can make a significant impact to our client’s business needs and challenges
- Focus on expanding and growing a portfolio of strategic accounts through excellent client relationships and high-quality engagement delivery
- Collaborate with account executives and other Gartner business unit partners (Research, Executive Programs) in developing actionable plans to provide business relevant, value-added services to clients in assigned account portfolio
- Lead Gartner Consulting sales and business development efforts in support of Partners, including demand generation and management, scope of work (SOW) discussions, proposal development, and final SOW and contracting process.
- Manage all components of our largest pursuits and engagements including solution design, technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Manage the engagement pursuit process and engagement deliverables, responsible for client delivery.
- Bring thought leadership and innovation to evolve our digital solution portfolio
- Manage the delivery of board-level engagement reports and presenting key findings to board-level executives and stakeholders.
- Manage and mentor junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of the digital practice team.
- Develop, build and maintain C-suite and board-level client relationships.
- Present a board-level professional image in conduct, attitude and conduct.
- + 10 Years Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Completed university level education with an outstanding and consistent academic record, MBA qualification preferred;
- Significant IT industry understanding and experience of leading digital transformation initiatives;
- Experience working with or in any MCRU industry
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Business development experience, evidence of developing new and expanding client relationships
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in one of our East Coast offices (New York, Boston, Canada) and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
Job Requisition ID:28674
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.