Director, CPG Advisory- NYC or Chicago
L2, now a subsidiary of Gartner, is a subscription-based digital intelligence firm that benchmarks the digital performance of brands to help chief marketing officers (CMOs) and senior business leaders identify digital marketing strengths and weaknesses, inform capital allocation decisions, and educate their teams on industry trends and digital innovation. L2 combined with Gartner's broad industry coverage offers the best source of objective marketing data, insights and advice for CMOs and senior business leaders.
Our CPG team is looking for a Director of Advisory to drive continued client engagement and growth within the sector.
- Responsible for leading a set of client relationships (10-15) within the CPG sector.
- Lead a team of associates to develop and present client deliverables (e.g. Deep Dives, strategy modules, executive education briefs) that provide member brands an objective assessment of digital strengths/weaknesses, performance benchmarks against industry competitors and peers, identification of best practices across the digital landscape, and a prioritized set of opportunities to drive forward their digital performance, all to be delivered within 2-3 hour in-person presentations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for member clients, leading client deliverables and acting as the primary thought partner for senior leaders within the organization
- Develop and upskill a team of 1-3 Associates with a focus on continuous skill improvement and employee engagement. Work with senior management to grow the team, which includes acting as one of the key decision makers in hiring, performance management and resourcing decisions with regard to the team
- Synthesize data across internal and external sources using Excel, visualize findings via PowerPoint, and contextualize resulting strategy recommendations for clients
- Directly respond to client inquiries in their sector or coordinate responses to clients with appropriate subject matter experts.
- Serve as a key thought partner to Research teams, helping to identify emerging trends, provide insight into client priorities, support development of our digital insights, and evolve research methodologies.
- Partner with Account Executive(s) to manage ongoing client engagement and drive client upsells and renewals; drive new client development by supporting business development team on client proposals.
- Partner with Business Development Directors to support new client development, clearly articulating the L2 value proposition, providing insights into clients performance, and establishing the team as industry and digital experts.
- Act as an industry expert and work with VP to create high quality, distinctive and actionable intellectual property and impactful client deliverables.
- Digital marketing knowledge/e-commerce subject matter expertise preferred: domain expertise across e-commerce, digital marketing, social media and mobile.
- Experience in CPG/Retail Industry, Digital Marketing and/or consulting required
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to successfully guide and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong leadership qualities and team management experience is preferred
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills are a must
- Strong presentation skills and client presence, exhibited through interactions with senior management
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. At L2/Gartner you get the best of both worlds- a fast-paced, growing environment with the resources and benefits of Gartner, a well-respected global organization. We offer competitive packages with an awesome environment such as stocked fridges, social outings, competitive benefits, and great team members!
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit Gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:35433
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.