Associate Director, Invest
Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs/CXOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Management and Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
Our Associate Director - Invest, is responsible for high-level project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. You will join and lead teams of 2-3 consultants in the delivery of data-driven commercial diligence reports and IT assessments of portfolio companies for private equity, hedge fund, pension fund and corporate M&A investment. You will work directly with clients and management teams of acquisition targets and portfolio companies. You will participate in the analysis, and communication of the relevant trends impacting the markets relevant to the clients’ investment; supporting qualified findings and recommendation by building data models that quantify and project market opportunity across a varied set of dimensions. You will be conducting executive interviews with significant exposure to portfolio managers and C-level executives.
The Invest team will be also be responsible for developing tailor-made solutions founded on Gartner IP, while working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. In this highly collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with others on a daily basis. Your superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills will ensure successful client projects and team performance.
You will master the art of leveraging Gartner research and expertise across service lines, working in close contact with Gartner analysts and effectively utilize third-party tools and datasets.
What you’ll need
- Experience within a well-regarded management consultancy in a project delivery capacity or investment management/financial services experience at a reputed company. Sales experience would be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of trends in consumer and enterprise technology, including but not limited to concepts in IT architecture, software markets, internet companies, data management, cloud, IoT and next gen technologies
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred
- Fluency in discussing Private Equity deal process, building financial models and using data visualization software preferred
- A consistent track record of leading people and building high-performing teams that leverage technology to drive the mission-critical priorities of commercial or government entities
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/ corrective action when needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing business challenges
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Who you are
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives, both internally and externally
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Driven, eager to break new ground, apt to create opportunities for others
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred
Job Requisition ID:36266
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.