Amazon Research Director- L2, Gartner- NYC
L2, now Gartner, is a subscription-based business that benchmarks the digital performance of brands to help chief marketing officers (CMOs) and senior business leaders identify digital marketing strengths and weaknesses, inform capital allocation decisions, and educate their teams on industry trends and digital innovation. L2 combined with Gartner's broad industry coverage offers the best source of objective marketing data, insights and advice for CMOs and senior business leaders.
We are seeking an experienced individual to lead our Amazon intelligence team. Reporting to the VP of Intelligence for L2, the ideal candidate will be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, fluid environment and driving internal consensus around key product decisions. Client centricity and a high degree of comfort interacting directly with end users is a must, as are top shelf data analytics and storytelling abilities. Ability to grow teams and mentor junior resources is also a must.
- Directly responsible for partnering with associates to manage a set of client relationships, usually 20+ in a defined sector.
- Lead a team of associates to manage topical ongoing research agenda, producing relevant analysis in both written and presentation based formats
- Directly manage 1-3 associates
- Work with the leadership team and contribute to cross-departmental efforts to evolve client deliverables, research methodologies, and coverage of novel key initiatives
- Work with L2 Leadership team to influence product offering
- Responsible for the renewal and growth of the AIQ TeamB2B sector
- Directly respond to client inquiries in their sector or coordinate responses to clients with appropriate subject matter experts
- Strong project management capability and ability to lead smaller teams
- Mastery of digital marketing subject matter within the retail e B2B sector
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Commanding presentation skills a must
- Establish thought partner relationships with high-level clients
- Interface with L2 research and Data Tech team to provide ongoing feedback on reports and data insights to better serve members
- Minimum 10+ years of experience
- Strong project management and upskilling capability and ability to lead smaller teams
- Strong digital marketing subject matter expertise and expedience
- Highly enumerative, with extensive experience manipulating and analyze data
- Relevant experience in providing digital insights and/or marketing to the client base
- Superior PowerPoint skills presentation and writing skills a must
- In-depth understanding of Amazon ecosystem and retail landscape
- Strong sector specific retail insights across CPG, Fashion, Beauty and Consumer Electronics
- Basic technical coding and understanding to interface with data teams and product managers
- Cross geography retail subject matter expertise
- Strong research acumen to dictate and direct market research
- Proven ability to scale and expand product scope
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice, and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries— across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size. To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:31075
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.