Sr Principal Analyst, Market Forecasting , Technology Service Provider
About this role:
The Software Markets Forecast Lead will play a critical role in the Technology & Service Provider organization in bringing advanced forecasting expertise, modelling skills and critical thinking to the establishment of ground-breaking predictions on various software technology segments that both inform and advise our Product Leader clients on business opportunities and threats.
The Forecast Lead is responsible for creating and maintaining forecast models and formulating predictions about the market, as well as assisting with other quantitative analysis of software markets including market sizing and competitive analysis. Forecast models involve developing a theory of the market to building, testing and implementing quantitative models. The successful candidate will:
- Formulate and articulate theories of how assigned software and adjacent, interdependent IT markets behave
- Identify key macro-economic trends, influencing factors, components & key metrics that are/will impact IT markets
- Create, maintain and publish Market Model and methodology documentation
- Track specific business and technology areas on an on-going basis and build broad domain expertise
- Analyze disparate pieces of data and identify linkages that might impact the IT market.
- Grasp concepts, directions and impacts of new approaches to IT (digital business, cloud based services, etc.) and identify how it will impact end-user buying behavior.
- Analyze end-user data to identify the most impactful buying behavior for the IT market.
- Analyze company financial statements to identify market participation and trends.
- Learn how IT vendors are evolving their business models and the implications to the competitive environment, technology and buyer behavior.
- Through data and vendor analysis, identify assumptions as basis for the forecast each quarter.
- Participate in internal online research communities and conduct internal interviews in order to gather critical insight and additional data for the creation of content
- Lead author Gartner documents for publication around the forecast, end-user buying behavior, IT vendor changing business models and their impact on the market for our Product Leader clients
- Develop forecast storyline, narrative and key messages.
- Collaborate with remote teams across time-zones
What you will need:
- Highly numerate with excellent critical thinking skills. Must be able to quickly grasp and articulate the fundamentals of a market and what drives supply and demand side behavior.
- 7+ yrs of proven experience developing forecast and other quantitative models
- Experience with modelling tools. Excellent Excel user.
- Passion for predictive thinking, complex forecast analysis and discussions
- Very good writing skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
- Can work and deliver results with minimal day-to-day task supervision.
- Language: Excellence in English both written and spoken
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline (or MBA) an advantage
Who you are:
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 11,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,800 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38736
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.