Software Architect, Flexible NA Location, Gartner Research and Advisory
The successful candidate will define, develop, deploy and maintain software, methodologies, test infrastructure and automation to assess and quantify cloud performance and capabilities. Qualified candidates will possess deep understanding and hands-on experience in most of these areas:
- Public cloud including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Benchmarking and performance analysis including SPEC, Linux command line utilities and scripting
- Management of highly distributed test infrastructure
- Process automation using proprietary APIs and CLIs
- Internet and networking standards and protocols including HTTP and TCP/IP
- Use of statistical methods for analytical summarization
- Software development patterns and best practices
- Git version control
- Multi-tiered application and data caching strategies including memcache and edge cache
- Management of full stack production environments with high utilization and many moving parts including AWS and BigQuery, and
- DevOps/multi-disciplinary mindset.
Qualified candidates will apply continuous delivery and highly iterative development practices, and customer-centric thinking to release frequent updates and improvements to client applications and analysis. Candidates must be comfortable working in a small team, wearing many hats in the application stack, and working collaboratively across functional borders and research areas.
The candidate should be broadly familiar with public cloud services and capabilities including:
- Production cloud architectures involving Amazon Web Service and Google Cloud Platform including EC2, ELB, EBS, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, Route53 and BigQuery
- Differentiation of features and capabilities of common cloud vendors and services
- Understanding of cloud service types and use cases including compute, storage, CDN, DNS, DbaaS, PaaS, containers and serverless
- Familiarity with the block and object storage offerings and capabilities from common vendors
The research methodology includes networking with clients, vendors and analysts; researching, evaluating and analyzing information; and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process. The candidate will actively contribute to Gartner’s research positions and catalyze technology adoption and enhancements which advance the information technology discipline.
Job responsibilities include:
- DevOps in support of public cloud performance analysis
- Creating in-depth research
- Answering telephone and email inquiries from clients
- Serving as subject matter expert on sales opportunities
- Creating and delivering presentations at Gartner conferences
- Collaborating on the public cloud performance and cross-research group agendas, and
- Providing individualized support to clients
- 10+ years software development and scripting experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Significant experience remotely managing Linux server environments
- Experience with multi-cloud production architectures
- Experience with serverless computing including Amazon Lambda is a strong plus
- Strong communicator who can explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
- Other key desirable qualities include being collaborative, creative, and willing to learn
- 20-25% travel is expected
Job Requisition ID:28401
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.