Senior Consultant, IT Strategy, Cloud Architecture & Strategy
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
About this role:
As a Senior Consultant working at the highest senior levels within our clients’ organizations you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering real value assisting our clients in successfully managing their technology and defining their IT strategies.
What you’ll do
Our Senior Consultants are part of a high-level project delivery team. You will be part of a team that will execute IT strategy projects while advising clients on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- An excellent understanding in the Infrastructure Platforms & Operations domain, including the topics such a
- o Cloud & Data Center o Infrastructure Technology & Networks
- o IT Services & Operations
- o Modernizing the I&O function
- o Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Manage complex IT infrastructure projects i.e. data center transformation, network and cloud strategy, system and network implementation
- Practical knowledge on DevOps tool chain implementation
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high-quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results; • Develop and maintain client relationships
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set
What you’ll need
- Experience within a well-regarded management consultancy in a project delivery capacity
- Prior experience as Cloud Architect or System Engineer highly desired
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred
- Extensive experience with programming languages such as Python, Ruby and Elixir..
- Ability to advise on cloud infrastructure, platforms and applications
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide and receive constructive/ corrective action when needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the ability to assist in the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- Fluent in German and English
Who you are
- Comfortable taking direction and building trust-based, value-added relationships with team members and senior executives
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.