Research Consultant, IT Strategy, Cross-industries
Research Consultant, IT Strategy Consulting, cross-industries
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned IT research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients.
That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help CIOs and their teams execute their most strategic IT initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy..
Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies.
As a talented Research Consultant, you will:
- Deliver components of small to medium-sized engagement proposals including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Contribute to key sections of small to medium-sized engagement proposals especially approach and methodology;
- Identify, develop and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment and guidance from senior team members concerning engagement areas being reviewed;
- Document interviews with client management and key stakeholders to assist in the capturing of client business conditions, risks and controls (i.e., Preparation and completion of interview notes);
- Contribute to the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of client business cases for technology investments;
- Assist in coordinating and communicating the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders;
- Contribute in the drafting of engagement reports and presenting drafts to your manager for review and approval;
- Assist in the development of client relationships;
- Contribute to the development of project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies;
What you’ll need
- First experience as intern, working student or similiar within consulting
- Experience working with one or more IT solutions
- Gained insights within different industries
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide and receive constructive/ corrective action when needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the ability to assist in the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Fluency in German and English - any other language a plus
Who you are
- Comfortable taking direction and building trust-based, value-added relationships with team members and senior executives
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Job Requisition ID:44469
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.