Executive Partner, CIO Advisory
What makes Gartner ExP a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Executive Programs, you ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can t find anywhere else. Gartner Executive Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are CIOs from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies.
Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Acts as a mentor, content-provider and business advisor for member CIOs. Must be a proficient coach for CIOs and senior IT executives, and will participate in the following phases of the member lifecycle: service kick off, delivery, and renewal, focused on a mix of small, medium, and large organizations of varying complexity.
What you ll do:
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for Executive Program (ExP) members utilizing all ExP products.
- Defines and delivers innovative solutions by assessing member Mission Critical Priorities (MCPs) and developing a customized service plan in accordance with overall ExP strategy and ExP product deliverables.
- Defines and conducts on-site briefings for members at member locations (including workshops, research analyst visits, roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
- Develops synthesized answers to members in response to inquiries.
- May present or facilitate at local ExP events.
- Effective at partnering with Sales to close new business; independently fulfills POC (Proof Of Concept) requests when assigned.
- Supports invitational programs by aligning to Majestics; aligned to one or more Sales Managers as part of the ExPonential program.
- Accountable (with ECMs, TCMs, and Account Executives) for member engagement and renewal of ExP business.
- Maintain, renew and grow a significant book of ExP business and is accountable for that set of members.
- Complete member profiles and accurate identification of membersMCPs.
- Deliver and manage multi-faceted relationships with a mix of small, medium and large organizations.
- Key metric: Retention.
- University graduate (Masters preferred)
- Experience as a former C-level technology executive for at least 5 years with large scale and complex responsibilities, preferably with Consulting or Advisory experience and/or has held multiple executive-level roles
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of the CIO (including Leadership, IT Operations Management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.).
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of Business and IT strategies.
- Critical thinker with ability to solve problems to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner services to support achievement of business results.
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations.
- Excellent relationship skills.
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with CXO level executives.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Effective at partnering with Sales to close new business and assist others in difficult renewals.
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Job Requisition ID:G19058
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.