Summer 2019 Graduate Trainee Program: Business Development Associate
We are currently seeking a Business Development Associate (BDA) to work in our vibrant London office. The BDA is an essential contributor to the performance of our new business function, and supports one or several Business Development Managers. Meetings and calls with prospective clients are the primary catalysts for new contracts, and the BDA has a key role in scheduling these. As well as providing logistical/administrative support, the BDA also adds immense value to the sales cycle by diagnosing the needs and pinch-points of prospective clients. In turn, the BDA feeds these back into the sales cycle in order that we engage in the most appropriate and impactful manner. Business Development Associates work in a close knit team with their Business Development Managers, and are incentivised based on the number of these key interactions that they schedule.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Client/Prospect Facing Commercial Activities
- Outbound cold-calling responsibilities to Europes Senior Most Executives to schedule live or phone based business meetings on behalf of a Business Development Manager
- Successfully diagnose the executive s key business needs where possible, to ensure a high quality of interaction in the first meeting with a Business Development Manager
- Seek to engage with secondary points of contact in client organisations to help drive consensus based decision making
- Where appropriate recruit prospective clients to Gartner service events (conferences and teleconference)
- Support the Business Development Manager in all aspects of the sales cycle, including FUPA (FollowUpPhoneAppointments) scheduling, recruiting prospective clients to meetings and engagement in other follow up activities
Non Client Facing Commercial Activities
- Support the sales process by managing the administrative elements
- Create preparation packets for Business Development Managers travelling to meet with / speak to prospective clients
- Review and update client information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate
- Sales territory management and prioritisation
- Outbound marketing to engage prospective members, e.g. email campaigns, mailing and invitations
A successful candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate degree qualified (any discipline)
- Ideally a minimum of 9 months experience in a sales / new business support function (inside sales, prospecting, sales support), and able to demonstrate an exemplar service ethic whilst contributing to individual and team goals
- Goal and action orientated with ability and desire to work towards revenue targets within a team environment
- High level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers etc.
- Solid organisation, multi tasking and prioritisation skills, including an acute attention to detail
- Forward thinking and solutions orientated approach at all times
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be an advantage
Job Requisition ID:26587
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.