Sr Principal Researcher, Human Resources Practice
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual curiosity. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and provide clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities and make a global impact. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
We're seeking experienced Senior Principals in the Human Resources Research Practice to discover and generate actionable business ideas in the areas of organization design and change management that will influence critical talent outcomes and transform organizations. Gartner's research is often cited in major news outlets including Forbes, Harvard Business Review, The Washington Post, and The Economist, allowing our firm to extend our impact even further.
Business Research Is at the Heart of What We Do
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
R&A’s HR practice is the leading research and insights partner to HR executives across the globe. Our research spans the entire gambit of critical talent issues facing organizations, for example the employee experience, the future of work, sourcing and developing critical skills, leadership, organization design, and change management. Our team of over 60 Researchers and 40 Advisors spans offices in Washington D.C., London and Gurgaon. Gartner applies its own talent management best practices to continually improve the employee experience and development opportunities of its employees.
The Role: Senior Principal – Human Resources Practice
- This role would support the HR Practice’s Organization Design and Change Management key initiative, helping the world’s leading companies answer questions like “how should we structure and organize ourselves to succeed?” and “how do we design and drive change initiatives that our employees embrace in a digital era?”.
- Projects will vary in terms of length (from short pieces that span a few weeks to six-month initiatives) and team structure (from individual contributor up to teams of ten).
- Topics will span a range of critical issues facing HR executives on how work gets done, from the implications of AI and digitalization on ways of working to the leadership qualities and skills required in a modern organization; and will help them answer questions such as “how can we make our organization design more flexible” and “how can we avoid employee change fatigue when they are experiencing so many more changes?”.
- Day-to-day tasks are varied, including conducting research interviews with HR leaders, group thought work sessions to uncover key assumptions and provocative hypotheses, building models that can be tested by quantitative and qualitative data, data analysis, creating compelling deliverables (in written and graphic form), and project management.
How You Will Make an Impact at Gartner:
Senior Principals work closely with HR executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. As a lead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500- and mid- size companies to identify their most pressing business challenges.
- Use and guide Research team members through Gartner’s proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Manage/execute key research deliverables related to Organization Design and Change Management, including but not limited to: large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, round-table discussions, or custom, in-bound research requests.
- Embrace and capitalize upon a highly collaborative approach to building great insights, working with talented colleagues to improve upon your ideas and theirs.
- Present research findings to senior Gartner managers and member companies.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of research experience
- 7+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 7+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year of experience managing projects
- Master’s or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- 3 + years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in a team
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
Job Requisition ID:45849
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.