L2, now Gartner, benchmarks the digital performance of brands to help Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) and senior business leaders identify digital marketing strengths and weaknesses, inform budget allocation decisions, and educate their teams on industry trends and digital innovation. L2 combined with Gartner's broad industry coverage offers the best source of objective marketing data, insights, and advice for CMOs and senior business leaders. Through constant learning, discovery, and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries.
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. This is an unique opportunity to join our fast growing team in London. You will play a pivotal role in helping clients gain deep insight into the digital marketing and strategy of top brands in their space and apply Gartner L2’s recommendations to make strategic decisions. We are a fast-paced, but highly collaborative team, built out of every employee’s passion for digital and motivation to deliver tangible value for our clients. We embrace diversity and seek individuals who will bring energy, fun, drive, and personal initiative to our team.
This role is based in London, with some client/event-related travel.
The Advisory Specialist will analyse our members’ digital competence, benchmark their performance against industry competitors, identify best practices, synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, and support the delivery of ad hoc advisory work for Gartner L2's marquis clients.
- Develop and assist in presenting client deliverables (e.g., Digital Benchmarking Deep Dives and customised deliverables) that audits digital performance compared to their industry competitors and peers.
- Analyse Gartner L2 research to craft strategic insights and recommendations for clients, leveraging proprietary research tools and databases to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Identify digital best practices and case studies.
- Work with the Research team on refining methodologies based on client feedback.
- Coordinate with the Research team in data collection and analysis required for ad hoc research. This includes synthesis of quantitative and qualitative data around clients' performance across website features, e-commerce, digital marketing (search, display, and email), social media, and mobile.
Required Experiences & Skills
- 1-2 years in strategy consulting, marketing, agency, and/or research, ideally with a focus on digital.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communications skills with extreme attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills (highly proficient in Excel)—able to distil data to actionable insights.
- Experience in, but not limited to, the following: Writing, Presenting, Market Research, Competitive Analysis, Quantitative Research, Qualitative Research, Data Analysis, Customer Insight, Digital Strategy, Social Media, Marketing, and Ad Tech.
- Data Analytics – Appreciation of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, with a passion for the examination of data to identify strategic insights.
- Digital Marketing – A deep interest in digital marketing, social media, and website technologies.
- Strong Communicator – Ability to distil data into strategic implications and opportunities for our clients; ability to tell a compelling story using data, and create presentations demonstrating a strong narrative relevant to the client/audience.
- Presentation Design and Delivery – Expertise in crafting and delivering PowerPoint presentations with high attention to detail.
- Fast-Learner with a Self-Starter Attitude – Highly disciplined, execution-orientated, and able to work using own initiative. A desire to join a smaller, fast-moving team where you will be given high levels of responsibility immediately and the opportunity for fast-track career progression.
Job Requisition ID:36800
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.