Business Development Executive, LE, GBS
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Business Development Executive – Gartner for Marketing Leaders, GBS, LE
What you’ll do as a Business Development Executive:
As an experienced Business Development Executive you’ll uncover new logo business on the large enterprise team in our high performing Gartner for Marketing Leaders practice. You’ll navigate the sales process through complex business environments selling to the CMOs and the Heads of Marketing in a designated territory. Prospects of the large enterprise sales team have $1B+ in annual revenue. Your role will also include:
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities with new-to-Gartner organisations, targeting CMOs, Marketing Directors and their minus-one
- Quota of $500K - $750K+ in new contract value across your territory
- Converting prospects into Gartner clients, owning the full sales cycle and negotiation through to the transition of new clients to the account management team
- Leading complex sales, of large deal sizes, across matrix and complex business environments.
- Continually building relationships at the C-Level to uncover prospects’ mission critical priorities and presenting Gartner solutions to deliver against sales metrics and KPIs
- Collaborating with internal resource teams to produce proof of concept and subject matter expertise to prospects
- Owning forecasting and account planning on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- 3 – 5 years of consultative, B2B sales experience
- Experience prospecting to the C-Suite and senior-level leadership of enterprise businesses
- Interest and passion for marketing
- Quick learning attributes that enable you to pivot and work through ambiguity
- Ability to demonstrate strong sales process and strategies
- Track record of overachievement on goals or quotas
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s or advanced degree is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- World-class training through our Sales Academy when you join and on-going training from our L&D team and sales leadership
- Unlimited advancement potential as a sales professional or progression into people leadership
- Unmatched resources to support your success
- Inclusive environment with great balance for personal and family life
- Generous compensation including uncapped commission, accelerators, bonuses & other incentives
About the Team:
Our diverse sales team is one with a track record of continuous learning and overachievement, having been recognized as the Global Top Achieving Sales Team, of its size, for performance over quota in 2019, and with an Eagle award for outstanding performance in 2018. 50% of our account manager associates achieved our annual sales recognition trip, Winner’s Circle, in 2019. The team’s leader has been promoted internally and having delivered great success as an individual contributor and manager for many years. They’re hands-on and enjoy working through challenging client scenarios alongside their team, as well as, recognizing individuals for the behaviors and activities that lead to the many not challenging scenarios!
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Li – #RB-1 Job Requisition ID: 51992Job Requisition ID:51992
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.