Account Manager - Gartner for Finance Leaders
Who are we?
Gartner for Finance Leaders helps executives build a Finance function for the future by uncovering best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities using case studies, tools, diagnostics, and training. We enable finance executives and their teams to find new sources of efficiency in service delivery, manage talent, and strengthen the function’s business influence. It’s an exciting time to be at Gartner as we launch this new product into the European market.
Who are we looking for?
Our Account Managers are the senior focal point for all customer interaction in the sales and renewal process. They are the expert on their clients’ business and their strategic priorities. An Account Manager is able to articulate organizational and functional goals in order to map effective service delivery (i.e advisory interactions, benchmarking etc.) to drive impact and value through membership. The Account Manager executes on the retention lifecycle (as part of Gartner’s Pathway to Gold!)—from initial sale to year-on-year renewal—always staying aware of cross-sell opportunities.
How will I make an impact?
- Ability to diagnose client needs via targeted questioning and problem identification for Gartner to support.
- Prepare client and prospect meetings by researching industry, company, function/role and personal ambitions in order to create a detailed hypothesis in order to build credibility.
- Teach prospective and existing clients the benefits of Gartner for Finance Leaders products and services, detailing our business model and value proposition and aligning that to client objectives.
- Establish relationships with prospects and current clients during personal visits and phone calls.
- Customise account plans for member companies, outlining service delivery, revenue growth strategies, and potential additions for existing memberships.
- Pursue, negotiate, and close both growth and retention opportunities, through a consultative sales approach.
- Work with our client advisory team and product partners to deliver specific solutions for member needs
- Opportunity to learn about the Finance Function through Gartner’s Research. Use creative solutions to engage both prospective and current clients in order to drive urgency with a sales cycle.
[VIDEO] Hear from one of our EMEA members.
Our Ideal Profile
- 5+ years of successful sales or account management experience, including holding commercial negotiations within a blue-chip client base
- Proven ability to handle revenue responsibility and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
- Skills in handling multiple commercial processes (new business sales and renewals), forecasting precisely, and identifying challenges to a positive commercial outcome
- Superior time management skills and attention to detail
- Deep understanding of business concepts for large national and international corporations
- Strong ethic for fulfilling service requests and keen interest in forming relationships with executives
- Enthusiastic individuals to join a dynamic and collaborative team!
- ‘Go getter’ attitude to seeking out new business opportunities and delivering exceptional service to clients.
- Willingness to conduct EMEA-wide travel as required
Job Requisition ID:35680
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.