What You'll Do:
Execute upon tactical and strategic directions to maintain and advance the Windows Systems platform environment in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Expertise with Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Provide design, documentation, and processes for Windows Server Systems (2008 / 2012 / 2016)
- Develop and contribute to efforts improving the automation of the Windows Server Systems for both on premise and Cloud deployments.
- Work with multiple stake holders to develop policies and procedures for increasing the deployment and adoption of Windows Server Core / Nano.
- Contribute to efforts in improving the security, manageability, and efficiency of our internal and external Active Directory infrastructure
- Recommend process, organizational, and system changes to support key team objectives
- Champion efforts improve process through automation
- Mentor junior level administrators while working in a team environment
- Participate with planning and maintain windows infrastructure in the cloud
What You'll Need
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent preferred
- Relevant Windows Server certifications are a plus
- 4+ years IT experience with at least 3 years providing Windows Server administration and management
- Strong Windows 2008/2012 and Server Core knowledge and experience in Enterprise
- Active Directory (AD DS) and Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) administration support and troubleshooting
- Hybrid cloud - Azure / AWS experience is a plus
- Experience with automation tools
- Strong PowerShell / VB / WMI scripting knowledge
- Group Policy and Desired State Configuration authoring experience
- VMWare / Hyper-V knowledge and experience
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) / System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills
Who You Are
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What We Offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:32273
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.