Sr Security Engineer
Sr Security Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner's Cyber Technology Engineering team is looking for a high-performing, self-driven, motivated team player for the role of Security Engineer to expand company’s security capabilities within its global information security organization. The person will be responsible for leading and working on security engineering projects to provide security solutions as per business needs. You will assist with managing risk to Gartner’s reputation, customers and Information Technology by providing engineering assistance in implementation and operationalization of cyber security solutions across the enterprise
- Build and lead implementation of tools to automate security monitoring and tasks
- Lead the review of security-sensitive aspects of applications and systems
- Responsible for developing solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently
- Lead security projects from design, implementation to operational phase.
- Assist with and collaborate with third party penetration-testing firms
- Work with performance management/monitoring team to setup necessary alerting and reporting on capacity utilization of various security components
- Provide cross-trainings to other teams or other team members as and when needed
- Perform other day-to-day tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 4-6 year experience of working on IT security projects in a fast-paced, time-bound environment.
- Strong knowledge of networking like routing, switching, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, DNS, DHCP, NACLs
- Experience with software development skills on programming languages like Java, C#, Golang
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; commitment to team collaboration, training and mentoring
- Familiar with security best practices in IaaS/PaaS services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Strong scripting skills (e.g., Python, Shell script, etc.)
- Commitment to documentation and tracking results via enterprise ticketing/collaboration platforms
- Experience working with fast-paced operations/dev teams and DevOps practices
- Background in Linux and *nix operating systems
- Foundational understanding in application security, cryptography, PKI, network security, security in server less environments and micro services based architecture
- Familiarity with security assessment tools like Metasploit, Burp suite, Wireshark etc.
- Understanding of concepts with Web Applications Firewalls and DLP
Job Requisition ID:45667
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.