Sr. IT Infrastructure & Operations Project Manager
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
The Sr. IT Project Manager leads multiple complex IT projects and is accountable for the quality of the results, benefits realization, end user satisfaction and timely delivery, ensuring that projects are planned and executed in a manner consistent with company strategy, commitments, goals, and standards. All Infrastructure and Operations Program Team members have a responsibility to maintain the IO PM Team standards throughout the project lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the oversight and management of Gartner’s Network & Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Project Portfolio and accountable for fostering an environment of collaboration and high impact results.
- Work closely with the Technology Leadership team to help define a strategy and associated roadmap to evolve our technology services and platforms.
- Manage activities associated with complex IT projects of varying types and sizes, applying project management principles and techniques to ensure timely and quality delivery of projects.
- Collaborate and engage with cross functional IT groups to identify resource, task and project interdependencies. Communicate across related areas of Gartner IT and business units to ensure alignment and leverage shared capabilities
- Analyze and rationalize requirements to determine agreed, achievable project objectives that align to organizational goals and strategies.
- Identify skills required to support project activities; work with the appropriate managers to identify resources with appropriate skills for project activities; and co-ordinate project resources including staff and contractors (onshore and offshore) within a matrix environment. Drive estimates for all components of the projects.
- Review, rationalize and integrate multiple work streams of projects into a structured, cohesive project plan.
- Evaluate dependencies and leverage expertise to develop and present options and recommendations for implementation strategies/action plans across multiple projects.
- Effectively communicate and maintain relationships with project team participants and project’s business stakeholders.
- Identify issues/problems that have impact beyond project; resolve issues working with teams across projects.
- Serve as a liaison between technical and non-technical departments, communicate with other functions, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues. Proactively propose process-improvement and best practice initiatives and implements them, when approved.
- Partner with Internal communications and change management teams to coordinate project deployments impacting associates and clients
- Proficiency with WebEx, Microsoft: Teams, Office, Project, Visio, Google: Drive, GSuite
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence highly preferred
- Experience managing projects related to Networks, UC, Systems & Platforms Engineering and other foundational workloads a plus
- Goal-oriented and strong team player with the ability to manage others through influence, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to manage geographically dispersed teams and to collaborate across all levels and functions throughout the organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced-environment with tight deadlines and multiple project deliverables
- Quick study with the ability to learn and operate effectively in new environments
- Critical thinking with excellent judgment and initiative
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience including management of multiple IT projects that were delivered on time and within budget.
- 5 - 7 years experience in a relevant IT role that required project management skills BA/BS in Computer Science or similarly related field. MBA or other related advanced degree desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in management of technology resources in a dynamic, growth environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills (especially communications, collaboration, people management & influencing skills).
- Proven track record of managing project teams that include both IT staff members and business leaders.
- Scrum Master certification and training in Agile methodologies desired.
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.