Sr. Director, Conference Program & Content
This critical position is responsible for developing the content, programs, and experiences of several Gartner conferences, as well as overall management of those events.
The Sr Program Director owns the conference(s) assigned and is tasked with 2 main missions:
- Develop the event strategy and orchestrate cross-functional team collaboration to drive growth, profitability and customer retention.
- Create the most compelling attendee-driven conference agenda based on market needs and requirements, in close partnership with Gartner Research chair.
To achieve desired results, Sr Program Director collaborates with various stakeholders including:
- Gartner Research and Gartner Consulting
- Audience Acquisition / Marketing
- Sponsorship Sales
- Conference Operations / Logistics
- Research Marketing and Sales
Specifically, the Sr Program Director:
- Creates the conference or product portfolio strategy, in collaboration with other global colleagues & stakeholders, including identifying key market opportunities and growth strategies for the event portfolio
- Lead market-research and needs-assessment initiatives to support product development, i.e, for audience (surveys/advisory boards/focus groups), sponsors (surveys/advisory boards/focus groups), competitive intelligence
- Continually work to refresh the event value proposition utilizing consistent evaluation and product-development processes
- Creates client-focused programs that delivers the highest results to include:
- agenda development, management and delivery;
- identifies and secures guest speakers: keynote, panelists, case studies;
- Identifies target audience and defines positioning for assigned conferences
- Innovates conference experiences, content and formats to drive client retention and referral
- Works closely with Events Key Stakeholders including:
- Events Marketing to create compelling messaging and campaigns to drive growth and increase retention, as well as assist in the development of partnerships with associations, user groups, and media sources
- Events Sales to identify prospective exhibitors, articulate the value proposition, and accelerate sales growth and retention
- Event Operations to ensure we deliver a great attendee and sponsor experience in an efficient and cost-effective way
- Build and support a team culture of innovation
- Identifies and evaluates competitive events, including attending competitive events
- Evangelizes and promotes assigned conferences to internal and external constituents
- Bachelors Degree; MBA preferred
- 12-15+ years’ experience in conference management or content-rich program planning including content strategy, development and creation
- Experience with large, complex multi-day/multi-track conference programs preferred
- Proven track record creating and executing strategy, and identifying untapped market and growth opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative matrix environment, with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in driving or supporting audience and sponsorship acquisition with key stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication, and ability to influence, make informed decisions
- Global / multinational event experience strongly preferred
- Good multi-project management, prioritization, time management capacity
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally – relationship building/leadership
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation while executing flawlessly
- Ability to objectively measure product success
- IT / tech sector familiarity or interest a plus
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel, including international
Job Requisition ID:39827
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.