Sr Azure Cloud Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
The Cloud Center of Excellence Team is responsible for developing Gartner’s capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and tasks while improving Gartner’s capabilities and service offerings with greater self-service abilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions that you build.
- Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Lead technical discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Design, implement, and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure as code.
- Build reusable pipelines for application deployments.
- Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure with a focus on immutability and containers.
- Develop, implement, and test automated data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures across multiple regions.
- Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams.
- Assist development teams in the creation and understanding of automated application configurations.
- Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test and production environments.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Continuously identify, adopt, & refine best practices.
- Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers.
What you’ll need:
- MS or BS degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software and/or Infrastructure, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant cloud, Kubernetes, automation development, and/or orchestration positions.
- 3+ years of hands on experience on Azure leveraging number PAAS services offered by the platform.
- Familiarity of the various services and capabilities of multiple cloud computing platforms (GCP/AWS)
- Hands-on experience with Azure services (Proficiency with PowerShell, ARM Templates, Azure Policy, Azure CLI, Azure Rest API)
- Experience with containers, docker, Kubernetes, serverless functions is required.
- Multi-year experience in application development and configuration automation.
- Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS) and Windows system administration experience required
- .Net, Shell, Python, Groovy, Powershell, Kubectl or other programming language experience is a must
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running in the cloud
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Infrastructure Definition/Provisioning tools (Terraform, ARM) desired
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, HashiCorp Packer) desired
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket,Github)
- Experience monitoring cloud and on-premise infrastructure and applications
- Cloud Certifications (Azure Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, or other cloud professional certifications) desired
- Continuous improvement mindset
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.