Senior Manager, Conference Logistics
We are currently seeking candidates interested in the position of a Senior Conference Manager, Global Logistics within the Gartner Conferences department. The candidate will be responsible for oversight, planning and execution of conferences in the Information Technology space. This exciting career opportunity will provide you with challenging assignments and travel. You will be part of a stable and expanding professional team collaborating to support the flawless delivery of events that are unique and critical to technology leaders globally. The ideal candidate is results-oriented with a keen eye for detail and the ability to produce flawless work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Strong communication skills and customer service ethics are essential.
- The Senior Conference Manager will oversee, plan & execute conference logistics and will work closely with the Conference Director.
- Oversee all pieces of the conference planning process. Support flawless delivery and superior attendee experience across the portfolio of conferences in North America.
- Effective project management including development of and leading the team to adhere to timelines and templates.
- Venue management including but not limited to rooms, meeting facilities, F&B, meeting materials, A/V production.
- Communication and collaboration across conference teams to ensure seamless delivery of first class conferences.
- Direct responsibility for conference budgets including preparation, negotiations, accurate monthly forecasts for conferences, alert management for risks and recommendations for corrective action
- Effective management of conference partners including regular reviews and negotiation of contracts beneficial to Gartner to ensure that we are working with best in class partners.
- Actively participate in the process of reviewing, enhancing and executing conference features and programs, analyzing attendee feedback to ensure we are delivering exceptional, relevant conference experiences.
- Partnering closely with Exhibitor Services team to ensure flawless planning & execution
- Create RFPs, source venues and work with procurement to contract venues.
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results then implement changes accordingly. Create detailed post-event analysis reports and conference debriefs for review with Director/operations leads.
- Work collaboratively across various business units within Gartner to assist in planning and executing onsite experiences.
- Be a key member of the global conference operations team – build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices to continuously raise the level of our conferences across the world.
- Understand the strategies within Gartner associated to conferences and translate these into live conference experiences.
- Flawless operational support of 4-5 conferences annually – conferences to achieve high client satisfaction ratings with effective team collaboration.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration across events team, conference partners and key stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of the processes and sharing ideas from events.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6+ years event experience.
- Prior experience researching, negotiating contracts for meeting services and working with hotels and external vendors.
- In depth knowledge of hotel, travel and meeting planning business is required, particularly in terms of normal service expectations and negotiations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - team player who works well with others, together reaching challenging goals under very tight deadlines.
- Client focused - superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency.
- Effective organizational, project, team and time management skills.
- Effective financial skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills – advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong Executive presence.
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Strategic Thinker - Self-motivated, collaborative and solution oriented
- Curious and inquisitive, creative and innovative
- Confident decision maker
- Willingness to travel - attend Gartner Conferences to lead operational requirements and onsite teams
Job Requisition ID:33285
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.