Procurement Category Manager – Marketing, Digital Markets & Sales- Relocation to Fort Myers, FL or Dallas, TX
IT Procurement Category Manager – Marketing, Digital Markets & Sales
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role: Experienced Procurement and/or Marketing professional responsible for developing category plans, leading RFx initiatives and negotiating complex contracts on behalf of Gartner’s Marketing, Digital Markets, Creative COE and Sales business units. This role requires business and technology savvy with keen understanding of content and customer experience, advertising technology, direct marketing and marketing management platforms, and marketing data and analytics. This role delivers value by optimizing spend, reducing costs, minimizing supplier risks, improving vendor performance and identifying innovation from the supply base.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with geographically dispersed stakeholders to develop strategic category plans for the Marketing, Digital Markets, Creative COE and Sales categories. Gain alignment on sourcing/negotiation strategies and short/long term category roadmaps.
- Serve as the Procurement SME for your stakeholders and guide them on strategic sourcing and operational procurement processes. Communicate frequently and often. Proactively seek ways to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Maintain knowledge of current category trends, vendor capabilities and changes within the supplier and technology landscape for traditional and emerging solutions.
- Lead cross-functional teams through a disciplined sourcing process. Facilitate stakeholders through developing requirements, evaluating suppliers and supplier selection using good project management skills. Ensure all sourcing initiatives are conducted in a fair and ethical manner which provides a level playing field for all participants.
- Develop negotiation plans aligned with stakeholder desired outcomes for TCO, SLAs and key business terms. Demonstrate competency and knowledge of contract development, key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations and industry standards during contract negotiations.
- Organize data sets and develop meaningful analysis of spend, cost and performance metrics. Present compelling business cases to influence decision-makers at all levels of the organization.
- Manage compliance during all phases the contracting process. Coordinate with Gartner Legal, Finance, IT Security and Ombudsman when needed. Ensure all Third-Party Risk Management checks are complete prior to contract signature. Route contracts for approval and signature as required by Gartner policy.
- Guide stakeholders on preferred suppliers. Conduct routine planning sessions with your business unit customers to ensure addressable spend in your assigned categories is with contracted vendors and considered “managed”.
- Optimize supplier performance through contract compliance, continuous improvement, innovation and TCO reduction.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant sourcing and negotiation experience with demonstrated ability to lead and deliver value.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency to tell the story of “what the data means”.
- Compelling collaboration skills that foster strong relationships with internal & external business partners.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in finding solutions and negotiating strategies. Insatiable desire to learn more and improve every day.
- Unquestionable ethics and the desire to always to the right thing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and Sourcing/Procurement solutions for e-sourcing, spend analytics, contract lifecycle management (CLM) and Procure-to-Pay (P2P).
- Ability to work with and lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams. Multilingual skills are a plus!
Who you are:
- Highly motivated performer, with a demonstrated ability to influence and lead others while also working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator in both oral and written, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to successfully prioritize and solve for complex problems, factoring instances of ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development.
- Performance-based recognition and rewards.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:41728
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.