Marketing Director, Events Audience Acquisition
Gartner, Inc. is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We deliver the industry-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,000 distinct organizations.
Gartner Events feature the world's most exclusive gatherings of senior IT and business strategists and attract more than 50,000 executives, 7,000 CIOs and 1,100 industry-leading service providers. As the leading provider of events for IT professionals, we produce an annual slate of over 75 conferences throughout the US, EMEA, Latin America and APAC
Role Purpose: This individual will lead the strategic development and implementation of marketing strategies, to build audiences for their event portfolio.
He/she will lead the strategic development and implementation of all marketing efforts, execution of tactical plans, optimize the use of technology for marketing effectiveness, analyze, track and report results. In addition, a requirement of the role is to ensure marketing budgets are met and to design cost effective campaigns that meet KPIs and deliver results.
The successful candidate is a change agent, who is a highly-innovative marketing leader who will drive the highest possible commercial results through “best in class” marketing practices and inspiring leadership and collaboration. He/she must be a strategic and tactical metrics-driven marketing leader who has expertise in: multi-channel digital marketing, content, social and SEO, database marketing and customer acquisition, marketing automation, and experience working closely with all internal and external stakeholders at a senior level to drive results.
They must have the marketing expertise, drive and determination to lead significant campaign volume and revenue growth and make a mark on the business; someone who wants to put their stamp on its future. This is an opportunity filled with challenges, great rewards and benefits for the right executive.
- Drive significant volume and revenue growth for their portfolio through highly effective and creative marketing initiatives utilizing all channels, platforms and marketing tools.
- Contribute to the continuing development of a high performance marketing team with a culture of results, accountability, relevance, innovation and speed to market.
- Partner with Event Attendee Sales (EAS) to drive attendee growth from marketing lead scoring.
- Develop high level partnerships with key internal stakeholders including program, database, corporate marketing, and digital marketing teams
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the company’s markets, products and services for optimal business success within the region;
- Employ customer focused techniques to underpin all strategies and activities
- Manage external vendor relationships where appropriate and seek and leverage outside best in class support to drive KPIs.
- Ensure budgets are met. Design cost effective campaigns that push the status quo and deliver increased ROI.
- Ideal candidate will thrive in a fast moving environment, desire accountability, be courageous, and drive results with a focus on impacting the market. They must be a true team player within marketing, within Events, and to key company partners.
Job Requirements -
- 7+ years of successful digital and multi-channel marketing leadership experience, with a background in consumer and/or business-to-business marketing.
- Proven track record of exceeding KPIs and delivering consistent revenue and customer growth through an always-on marketing approach.
- Expert in digital marketing channels with a focus on content marketing, social, SEO, and creating an effective attribution model.
- Proven success implementing cutting-edge marketing practices with a customer-focused approach.
- Strong background in database marketing and marketing automation.
- Event marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with sales teams and leadership to develop integrated plans.
- Highly analytical, data-driven marketing expertise.
- Strong financial acumen and expertise creating marketing budgets and managing costs within budget.
- Superior written/oral communication skills and the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability/willingness to travel frequently
- BA/BS degree required; MBA is a plus
Job Requisition ID:30056
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.