Manager, Software Engineering
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Summary: We are looking for a technically superb, business focused Software Engineering Manager to lead the development and transformation of a critical business application for sales and service delivery.
- Lead the delivery of high quality, innovative, flexible, and scalable technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Lead a team of developers focused on application delivery leveraging an agile development process
- Develop and design architecture roadmaps and implementation strategies to the cloud
- Provide technology leadership to development team members and perform hands-on development
- Partner with the business, IT peers and project management individuals on projects throughout the development lifecycle
- Identify and implement metrics for measuring the effectiveness of the applications
- Assess applications against metrics and continuously improve the effectiveness of the applications
- Provide mentorship and coaching to development team
- Experience with automating sales processes in salesforce platform. APEX development skills is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Well versed in using Salesforce process flows and Apex Programming
- Experienced in developing AWS cloud applications.
- Experienced in Java
- Front-end web development experience (React preferred)
- Proven track record of delivering scalable, flexible, and maintainable technology solutions
- In-depth knowledge of development methodologies, techniques, and standards
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in fast paced problem-solving environments
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolving challenging problems
- Hands-on experience leading development teams following the Agile Scrum project methodology
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, with 6-8 years of application development experience and a minimum of 2 years leading large scale software development
- Demonstrated experience working with remote teams on complex projects
- Prior people management experience is preferred
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.