Manager, Global Event Financial Strategy & Operations
The Manager for Global Event Financial Strategy & Operations will support the Event Production teams by managing processes and templates associated with budgeting and monthly expense forecasting for over 130+ events. The associate will also evaluate trends of Gartner events in order to better plan for future events and launch new events. A qualified candidate must be process driven, analytical, have the ability to multi-task and take pride in their work while being able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, and collaborative environment.
- Management of monthly financial forecast, assessing P&L to maintain global profit margins while guiding team on maximizing event financials.
- Implementation of budget processes and templates for global team including annual budget creation, regular reporting and year-end closing of expense budget.
- Definition and guidance of strategic budget priorities, setting actions and timelines, coordinating internal meetings and acting as a point person for conference managers and planners.
- Creation of projection tools and analysis of key event metrics to help grow and develop the event portfolio.
- Presentation of accurate, consistent and actionable analysis and reports.
- Management of training sessions and creation of manuals to implement globally streamlined budgeting processes across multi-functional teams reaching over 120 peers.
- Cross-functional collaboration with multiple business units including Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Sales, and Research.
- Travel onsite approximately 10% to events
- 4-7 years of event management experience, ideally large-scale events
- Proven budgeting and financial controls skills
- Project management experience
- Advanced Excel skills, comfortable in complex spreadsheets
- Negotiation skills
- Communications and public relations skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
This position will provide event budget planning and analysis support to Events Operations team. Excel testing will be required. Must be adept at advanced excel, pivot tables, sorting data, formula generation and error correction of basic formulas. The person must be detail oriented, analytical, critical thinker, and have the ability to identify outliers in reporting. The ideal candidate would have 4-7 years of event experience. Attention to detail and ability to double check work prior to submitting is imperative as is excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Bachelor’s degree required. Hours 8:30-5 pm
Job Requisition ID:30755
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.