Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- The Conference Manager will oversee, plan & execute conference logistics for the EBS Peer Forum Portfolio, working closely with the Conference Director.
- Oversee all pieces of the conference planning process. Support flawless delivery and superior attendee experience across the portfolio of conferences, which includes EBS Peer Forums and experiences within Conferences in the Gartner Business Portfolio.
- Effective project management including development of and leading the team to adhere to timelines and templates.
- Work alongside Director to communicate and collaborate with key internal and external partners to inspire confidence and translate our strategy to ensure seamless delivery of all conference aspects.
- Venue management including but not limited to rooms, meeting facilities, F&B, meeting materials, A/V production.
- Create C-Level member experiences, including lounge experiences, special events, and wow-moments.
- Communication and collaboration across conference teams to ensure seamless delivery of first-class conferences.
- Direct responsibility for conference budgets including preparation, negotiations, accurate monthly forecasts for conferences, alert management for risks and recommendations for corrective action.
- Effective management of conference partners including regular reviews and negotiation of contracts and terms beneficial to Gartner to ensure that we are working with best in class partners.
- Actively participate in the process of reviewing, enhancing and executing conference features and programs, analyzing attendee feedback to ensure we are delivering exceptional, relevant conference experiences.
- Create RFPs, source venues and work with procurement to contract venues.
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results then implement changes accordingly. Create detailed post-event analysis reports and conference debriefs for review with Director and stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively across various business units within Gartner to assist in planning and executing onsite experiences.
- Be a key member of the global conference operations team – build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices to continuously raise the level of our conferences across the world.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to effectively translate and understand the needs of the EBS business.
- Understand the strategies within Gartner associated to conferences and translate these into live conference experiences.
- Flawless operational support of 6-8 forums annually and 3 experiences within conferences
- Conferences to achieve high client satisfaction ratings with effective team collaboration.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration across events team, conference partners and key stakeholders to ensure effective execution and implementation of processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6+ years event experience.
- Prior experience researching, negotiating contracts for meeting services and working with hotels and external vendors.
- In depth knowledge of hotel, travel and meeting planning business is required, particularly in terms of normal service expectations and negotiations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - team player who works well with others, together reaching challenging goals under very tight deadlines.
- Client focused - superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency.
- Effective organizational, project, team and time management skills.
- Effective financial skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills – advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong Executive presence.
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic.
- Strategic Thinker - Self-motivated, collaborative and solution oriented.
- Curious and inquisitive, creative and innovative.
- Confident decision maker.
- Strong relationship builder and manager.
- Willingness to travel - attend Gartner Conferences to lead operational requirements and onsite teams.
Job Requisition ID:38444
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.