Lead Unified Comms Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training, and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role: -
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to research, design and implement enterprise technologies across Gartner’s global voice and video landscape. The role requires experience with on-premise based and cloud solutions. This opportunity enables you to work closely with Telecom and Unified Communications partners, technology engineers and business units to design and standardize solutions to improve business processes and services. You will partner with operational and application stakeholders to define requirements and develop architecture for a scalable and reliable UC environment designed to meet business growth for 2021 and beyond.
What you’ll do:
- Configuration, troubleshooting and support of complex Unified Communication systems
- Identify, isolate, and resolve voice and video problems to mitigate business impacts
- Ensure overall availability and stability of all Collaboration and Voice/Video Infrastructure
- Manage infrastructure projects or tasks (upgrades, migrations, maintenance, and new technology) to completion with minimal supervision
- Leverage your in-depth knowledge of IPT, call centers, cloud and networking concepts
- Evaluate, test and plan deployments of new voice and video technologies
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices
- Collaborates with IT partners to administer and support infrastructure environments and define the overall support process
- Execute performance and statistical monitoring and develop procedures and best practices to improve overall environment
- Identify and understand emerging UC technologies and determine ways to add business value
- Understand and articulate best practices around collaboration technologies.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (IT, Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years Information technology experience supporting large enterprises
- Solid understanding of routing and switching protocols
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Webex, Unity, UCCX Contact Center, E911, Voice Gateways, Call Recording, Voice gateways (MGCP/H323/SIP), SSO
- Experience with Webex control hub and Microsoft Teams
- PowerShell or comparable scripting and automation experience
- Knowledge and experience with Session Border Controllers
- Experience with UCaaS platforms along with multi-vendor integrations
- Participation in a past Cloud Telephony Transformational projects
- Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
- Proven experience with vendor management
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results, and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.Job Requisition ID:53449
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.