Director, State & Local Government Consulting
Gartner is enjoying double-digit growth across all sectors, and seeking an up-and-coming, ambitious and driven consulting Director to take a key role in the development of our Consulting practice in the west region. The successful candidate will take on senior business development and consulting delivery activities. Gartner’s strategy, which you will be implementing, is to focus on a small number of clients, with whom we will build, long-term strategic relationships, based on consulting capabilities in world-class areas of expertise:
- Strategic Planning
- Digital Enablement
- Application Strategy and Business Modernization
- Organizational Change Management
- IT Cost Optimization
- Project Oversight and Quality Assurance
- Project Health Assessments
- IT Governance and Investment Management
- Infrastructure Modernization
- Sourcing and Vendor Management
- Cybersecurity and Privacy
Led by our Managing Partners, we develop sustained relationships with select clients by selling and delivering large, high-impact engagements focused on our clients’ most important IT initiatives and mission-critical priorities, using replicable solutions based on distinctive capabilities that are tailored to the public sector. The Consulting Director manages medium to large-size projects and must have demonstrated success in leading people and projects.
- A “No Limits” mindset
- An ability to work with our state and local government clients and specialists to identify and solve the most critical business problems, bringing a mix of client engagement, sales and marketing acumen
- A consistent track record for leading people and building teams that are high-performing.
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of a team, and willingness to be accountable for the team’s success. Essential to provide constructive corrective action when/if needed
- Dedication of significant time coaching and mentoring others, building the next generation of consulting delivery leaders within Gartner
- An ability to communicate persuasively to diverse audiences and adapt messaging as needed – from CIOs to staff-level clients, and internally within Gartner to junior consultants as well as to top consulting leaders
- Demonstrating intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing challenges
- Building trusted advisor relationships through not just exceptional delivery, but also through demonstrating a willingness to “go the extra mile” for a client and commit to their success
- An ability to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously.
- Comfort with operating in a dynamic environment where making adjustments mid-stream are essential
- 10+ years total experience
- Prior experience in a problem solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or management consultant/analyst is preferred
- Experience working with state and local government clients
- MBA, MPP, MPA – preferred
- Ideal location for this position will be Dallas (Irving) TX.
Job Requisition ID:32935
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.