Director of Endpoint Solutions
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About This Role
The Director of Endpoint Management Solutions will be a visionary who provides strategic leadership and managerial oversight for the endpoint computing team. As the Director, the incumbent will have responsibilities for the PC, Macintosh, and mobile device departments. These departments are directly responsible for shaping and leading the end-user technology direction across the Gartner enterprise.
Working closely with all key stakeholders, the Director will be responsible for the delivery of a seamless and reliable end-user experience that spans the lifecycle of the hardware and software services deployed to Gartner associates. Specifically, the Director will manage the identification of standards, deployment, maintenance and upgrades of all end-user devices.
- Aligning endpoint solutions with business and stakeholder requirements
- Providing a future focused vision to define the devices and platforms to provide the best experience to end users based on their needs and roles
- Managing the full lifecycle of the end-user laptop and mobility platforms
- Overseeing vendor relationships and contract management along with provisioning, maintenance and de-provisioning processes
- Partnering with the IT Security organization to establish a secure computing framework for end-user environment and ensuring security compliance across all endpoints
- Managing service metrics that produce meaningful data illustrating performance
- Overseeing continuous improvement efforts on the services offered
- Providing managerial, career development and mentoring for team of managers
- Managing a team of IT Professionals dedicated to providing the best end user experience while aligning with security and regulatory requirements
Qualifications Required: (Experience, Skills, Academic)
- Strong human relations skills and a passion for customer service
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience and minimum 5 years in a managerial role with a track record of hiring, coaching and retaining technical teams
- Experience and a proven history of leading the establishment of strategic plans, enterprise endpoint architecture frameworks and processes that align with IT vision, processes, and policies
- Experience with industry standard end-user technologies including hardware, mobility, operating systems, automation, browsers, communications, security, identity management, directory services, software management, software packaging, workflow management, project tracking and messaging/collaboration technologies
- Deep technical expertise cloud services, device management, VDI, endpoint security, virtual platforms, messaging and collaboration, identity and access management
- Ability to set strategic and tactical departmental level goals that align with overall IT direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create strong business cases, present to all levels of the organization and gain key stakeholder support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Job Requisition ID:44125
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.