Director, Global Conferences Calendar Management
Responsible for managing the global conference calendar, facilitating the scheduling of 100+ conferences per year in line with the business strategy. Will determine venue sourcing priorities and direct stakeholders to secure dates and locations that meet the needs of the business, ensuring they are published in a timely manner.
- Identify and define the long term strategy to schedule and manage the global event calendar, working alongside all key stakeholders to ensure we make the best decisions on where, when and how we place our conferences globally based on product direction, competitive landscape, holidays and other factors.
- Determine and communicate the sourcing priorities, understanding the needs and timelines of each region to ensure we take a holistic approach when confirming dates, avoiding conflicts where possible.
- Manage the date allocation process for GBS, GTS, EXP, EITL and ESCL conferences, approx. 100+ events per year, ensuring venues are contracted and dates published in a timely manner to allow Sales sufficient lead time to reach business goals.
- Collate event requirements from the Program Management team and partner with the Future Planning and Venue Strategy & Selection teams to ensure we are able to make informed venue selections based on the projected growth and requirements of each individual event.
- Consider and flag the financial implications of any venue or portfolio changes or date moves, creating a calendar of events that supports our P&L goals – to maximize revenue opportunities and the ability to deliver exceptional on-site experiences while still minimizing costs where possible.
- Manage all approvals in line with the business strategy; initially identifying the criteria and approval process, then guiding stakeholders to ensure any decisions not in line with the strategy are escalated and presented effectively to leadership as required.
- Partner with technology providers and relevant stakeholders to ensure the products are depicted externally as we envision i.e. naming conventions, dates, locations etc.
- Lead all official calendar communications, providing status updates and reporting to leadership, and control when future conferences can be published.
- Create scalable processes that support accelerated growth.
- Support other event teams within Gartner on the scheduling of an additional 900+ events, overseeing the allocation of our internal speaker resources.
- Enable a proactive and strategic approach to managing the global calendar to optimize both date and venue selection.
- Apply knowledge of business strategy to streamline the review and approval processes
- Provide recommendations and the data to back these up to achieve informed decision making.
- Bachelors degree with focus on events, project management or business preferred
- 10+ years business experience
- Experience of large, complex commercial events with conference program and exhibition delivery desired
- Proven project management abilities
- Management of indirect project team
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered environment with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in driving decisions in a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong executive presence
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially Excel
- Passionate, energetic & enthusiastic
- Solution oriented strategic thinker - self-motivated & collaborative
- Curious and inquisitive
- High sense of urgency
- Analytical / ability to work with high volumes of data
- Confident decision maker
- Comfortable working a fluid, changing environment
Job Requisition ID:30041
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.