Director, Exhibit Operations and Strategy
The Director, Exhibit Operations and Strategywill have global responsibility for exhibit operations, service delivery and sponsorship fulfillment for Gartner’s event portfolio targeting Chief Information Officers. Responsible for the global portfolio strategy including operational processes, attendee engagement initiatives and consistency across all regions. Responsible for the growth, development and management of direct reports and wider team members as a leader in the Global Exhibit Products and Services department.
- Lead operational strategy and delivery of all exhibitor elements across multiple B2B conferences including project management, floor plan management, financial management (forecasting, budgeting and reconciliation), staff planning and production schedules.
- Effectively lead and inspire a rapidly expanding and diverse global team, with a focus on continuous feedback and coaching.
- Create and execute a strategy for attendee and exhibitor engagement by generating valuable interactions for both exhibitors and attendees and creating networking opportunities focused around exhibitors.
- Manage exhibit product inventory including impact assessments (financial, retention and attendee experience) and projection modeling for various exhibit and sponsorship products. Create new products and evaluate current products to ensure maximum client satisfaction and renewal rates.
- Create KPIs and analyze data to determine success of engagement initiatives and best course of action on various event elements.
- Consistently innovate operational processes to create efficiencies using event technology platforms or tools.
- Anticipate and react to client requests with a service focus that delivers exceedingly high value to drive exhibitor retention.
- Liaise and collaborate with key event partners and team members (both internal and external) to ensure successful event execution; build and maintain good relationships by establishing trust and a working partnership.
- Achieve operational excellence and process efficiencies across all aspects of the event delivery focusing on global consistency and a strong engagement strategy.
- Develop a high performing and overachieving team with clear understand of career path and growth potential at Gartner.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Gartner’s event business including the event value proposition for attendees and exhibitors.
- Standardize operational processes, project management and best practices both in the planning and onsite execution stages of event production and delivery.
- Become a respected leader and mentor across Gartner and build a strong personal brand reputation.
Key Contacts :
- Global Exhibit Client Services, Global Exhibit Product Development, Global Event Logistics Team, Global Strategic Operations Team, Global Corporate Events Team, Executive Programs and other Gartner Business Units
- Third party suppliers and contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 12+ Years Event Management, Experiential/Event Marketing, Sponsorship Strategy and/or Delivery
- Proven ability to successfully lead diverse teams with a track record for developing talent and building relationships
- Proven event operations and project management skills including large-scale event production with a track record of overachieving on KPIs
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple agency and vendor partners
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and innovate business processes resulting in higher productivity and efficiencies
- Effective people management and leadership skills with a passion for a collaborative work environment
- Proven and exceptional project management skills, effective management of time and prioritization
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Strong financial management skills
- Client focused & solution oriented
- Strong oral & written communication skills with experience presenting to audiences with the purpose of motivating or persuading
Job Requisition ID:32884
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.