Conference Planner, Content
Role Purpose: The conference planner is a critical support role within the global content team. Responsible for supporting the team and ensuring content delivery to our IT Summit conferences in this region creating exceptional customer experiences for attendees, sponsors and associates attending conferences.
- Flawless delivery of approx. 5-7 conferences annually while working as part of the global content team
- Communication and collaboration across conference teams to ensure seamless delivery of first class conferences
- Work closely with program management and conference management in developing a client-focused agenda, develop and roll out new processes for session management and agenda guidelines
- Be a key member of the global conference content team – build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices to continuously raise the level of our conferences across the world
- Actively participate in the process of improving conference features and programs and encourage attendee feedback
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results and implement changes accordingly. Create detailed post-conference analysis reports and conference debriefs for review with management/other team members
- Identify and track conference navigator tool enhancements and work with the conference technology team on improvements and testing
- Effective project management including ownership and adherence of timelines and templates
- Partner with the design team to create, track and manage printed materials
- Partner with the logistics team on capacity planning, projection models and room placement
- Respond to client questions and problems accordingly both pre-conference and onsite
- Manage onsite content execution to include room monitor management, capacity management, session scanning and feedback
- Adhere to expense management practices
- Flawless client experience
- Flawless execution with high client satisfaction scores and strong client retention
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Achievement of financial objectives
- Engagement and effective management of suppliers
- Exceptional operational efficiency
- Bachelors degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred
- 2-3 years of business meeting planning experience
- Budget management abilities
- Project management experience
- Exceptional customer service skills. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal that will provide the ability to communicate effectively with clients at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated, collaborative and solution oriented
- Effective at building relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a quick changing environment and be flexible
- Understanding and appreciation of technology
Job Requisition ID:37859
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.