Conference Director - Producer of Content & Programs, CIO Portfolio
This critical position is responsible for developing the content, programs, and experiences of several Gartner conferences, as well as overall management of those events.
The Program Director owns the conference(s) assigned and is tasked with 2 main missions:
- Develop the event strategy and orchestrate cross-functional team collaboration to drive growth, profitability and customer retention.
- Create the most compelling attendee-driven conference agenda based on market needs and requirements, in close partnership with Gartner Research chair.
To achieve desired results, Program Director collaborates with various stakeholders including:
- Gartner Research and Gartner Consulting
- Audience Acquisition / Marketing
- Sponsorship Sales
- Conference Operations / Logistics
- Research Marketing and Sales
Specifically, the Program Director:
- Creates client-focused programs that will deliver the highest results
- Identifies and secures guest speakers: keynote, panellists, case studies…
- Drives primary and secondary market research to understand client issues and behaviors
- Identifies target audience and defines positioning for assigned conferences
- Working in partnership with Exhibitor Products team, identifies and defines sponsorship opportunities for his or her events
- Identifies and evaluates competitive events, including attending competitive events
- Creates the conference or portfolio strategy, in collaboration with other global colleagues & stakeholders
- Evangelizes and promotes assigned conferences to internal and external constituents
- Innovates conference experiences, content and formats
- Works closely with Events Marketing to create compelling messaging and campaigns to drive growth and increase retention, as well as assist in the development of partnerships with associations, user groups, and media sources
- Collaborates with Events Sales to identify prospective exhibitors, articulate the value proposition, and accelerate sales growth and retention
- Collaborates with Event Operations to ensure we deliver a great attendee and sponsor experience in an efficient and cost-effective way
- Bachelors Degree; MBA preferred
- 12-15+ years’ experience in conference management or content-rich program planning
- 5-7+ years’ experience in conference content strategy, development and creation
- Experience with large, complex multi-day/multi-track conference programs preferred
- Proven ability to drive overall direction and development of conference programs: specifically content strategy and creation, agenda development, speaker management, etc.
- Experience in driving or supporting audience and sponsorship acquisition
- Proven track record creating and executing strategy, and identifying untapped market and growth opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative matrix environment, with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and ability to influence
- Global / multinational event experience strongly preferred
- Good multi-project management, prioritization, time management capacity
- IT / tech sector familiarity or interest a plus
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel, including international
- Ability to engage effectively with C-level executives
Job Requisition ID:34988
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.