Business Development Manager
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and recognition for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that has limitless growth opportunities. As the world’s leading research and advisory company, we have a long track record of success helping leaders across the enterprise make their most critical business and technology decisions.
Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. At Gartner, if you’re coachable, persistent, smart and executive-savvy, you can steer your career in the right direction, making how far you go completely up to you.
What we do:
Gartner partners with C-suite executives across all industries to provide market research and best practices and advisory services, enabling them to address their business-critical decisions through data-driven research. Gartner has experienced almost a decade worth of double-digit growth, which demonstrates how Gartner has succeeded in helping businesses navigate their mission-critical priorities.
About the role:
The Business Development Manager is an office-based sales role responsible for developing and acquiring new clients to Gartner. The territory for this role includes specific mid-sized client accounts with revenue targets between $50 million -$750 million per annum.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new-to-Gartner organizations
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting through close
- Convert viable prospects to active Gartner clients (members), leading the full sales conversation and negotiation, through to the transition of new clients to the account management team
What we offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- 2-6 years of experience in a professional setting, preferably with evidence of prior success in sales
- Proven demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
- Experience selling IT, staffing/recruiting or professional services solutions highly preferred
- Competitive drive with a collaborative approach. You aspire to be the best and inspires those around you. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
Join our team:
You’ll be successful in this role if you are action oriented and can deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development. The team is collaborative; one team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.