Sr Director, ERP Strategy Analyst, EU (Republic of Ireland)
Sr. Director, ERP Strategy Analyst, EU
Location: The Republic of Ireland
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
- You love to shape ideas and business-related recommendations to help clients solve their technology adoption challenges.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is no longer about “resources” or “planning.” It is changing from enabler of activities within the enterprise to something much more expansive, powered by advances in cloud delivery, integration, data management and AI. If you are excited about opportunities and challenges arising from the digital revolution in ERP, Gartner needs you!
It is important that you can help us advance our vision on the role of enterprise applications in digital business. Hands-on experience architecting an ERP implementation as an enterprise/solution architect or systems integrator is desired. S/4HANA business functional and/or hands-on deployment experience is a plus. Familiarity with data management, application security, integration best practices is a plus, as is experience integrating SuccessFactors or Ariba. Familiarity with regional EU ERP vendors and markets desirable. Work hours and location within the UK/Western Europe are flexible. This can be a work-from-home position.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction you will help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will study markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to read and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis on topics that address clients’ mission critical priorities.
- Predict how ERP suite markets are developing and help vendors with their overall market positioning.
- Help clients with their ERP evaluation and selection process.
- Remain ahead of the curve on market trends in enterprise applications, as well as in adjacent areas such as HCM, finance and supply chain. Collaborate with other analysts to create research that crosses multiple domains of knowledge.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries.
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business.
- Travel 25-35%, mostly in EMEA but occasionally in other regions. Most important, you have the ability to manage and control your traveling schedule and frequency.
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with enterprise applications! The market views Gartner analysts correctly as THE experts in this and other areas. In order to succeed in this position, you’ll need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Since no one comes to Gartner knowing all this, you’ll need to enjoy learning.
- 12+ years of professional work experience in a hands-on role architecting ERP deployment, preferably for organizations with greater than 2 billion GBP turn-over.
- Modest writing ability with the willingness to learn and develop writing skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Project management skills for timely delivery of complex reports such as a Magic Quadrant.
- Be a self-starter, eager to fill in knowledge gaps and evolve as the technology landscape and client needs change.
- Business professional level verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in additional languages a plus.
- Strong collaboration ethos; enjoy working as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply conceptual models and recognize patterns while drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to travel, regionally and globally.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; Master's degree a plus.
Job Requisition ID:43062
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.