VP Employment Counsel, India
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100+ countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
This position will manage and mitigate Gartner’s risks in India as they relate to employment law and regulations. It provides advice and counsel regarding various HR-related topics, investigate complaints of unfair or inappropriate treatment of employees or alleged misconduct and respond to government agencies. This position will provide ongoing training and updates on current legal matters, assist HR with implementation of company initiatives and goals and support the company’s high performance culture, procedures and processes.
Work with legal matters primarily related to Human Resources, including but not limited to ethics compliance, employee relations matters, compensation and benefits.
- Assist in establishing, writing, reviewing and revising applicable company policies and procedures, and advise management on recommended courses of action on various HR topics and disciplines.
- Manage employment matters.
- Draft, review and/or edit, and provide advice and counsel for contracts and agreements the Company may have with Human Resources vendors for services and products.
- Conduct legal research on various topics as needed.
- Conduct legal and employee relations training for HR professionals and managers as needed.
- Provide preventive, proactive legal advice and solutions, provide information on recent legal decisions and precedents to clients, and conduct audits on business practices and review as needed.
- Manage costs of any outside counsel activities diligently.
- Ensure cohesion of practices, policies, and communications in India.
- Partner with HR and business in managing employee relations issues.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with OC members, senior leaders, HR Partners and other business unit partners.
- Law Degree required.
- Member in good standing of any relevant Bar. Requires min of 10 plus years of experience including litigation exposure or comparable experience in employment law areas in India. Direct experience in legal matters related to employment law and employee relations. Experience in either a firm or corporate environment.
- Ability to prepare and analyze complex legal and employee related documents; ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize and schedule workload;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, coworkers, and colleagues;
- Ability to make reasoned decisions/recommendations and provide sound legal advice while considering the operation and needs of the business operation;
- General business operation acumen.
Job Requisition ID:G10800
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.