Territory Planning & Analytics Manager
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. We equip leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 15,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. We have grown at double-digit rates for 33 consecutive quarters, and investing in incremental sales territories is a core part of our strategy. We are a pay for performance culture, and offer highly-differentiated rewards for our top performers.
For more information, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com
Overview of Function and Role
The Territory Planning & Analytics (“TP&A”) team is at the center of the effort to deliver against our CEO’s mission-critical priorities – rapidly-growing the sales force and increasing sales productivity. We partner with corporate and senior Sales leaders across the globe to ensure the best return on the company’s substantial annual investment in incremental sales professionals. The support provided by the TP&A team enables sales leaders to focus more on supporting their teams as they drive towards capturing the immense market opportunity in front of us.
Our colleagues in India (located in Gurgaon and Mumbai) partner closely with TP&A team members in the U.S. to provide essential analytical and operational support for Sales leaders. Our ability to appropriately scale and adapt to meet the increasing needs of the business relies on the India team’s ability to continually innovate, automate and enhance the scope and quality of the services they provide. The India team will continue to grow aggressively, and its success will determine the success of the overall TP&A team. Therefore, we need to attract and retain top talent at all levels, especially incremental managerial talent that can drive iterative improvement and accelerate our ability to achieve our vision for this vital function.
- Partner with TP&A team leaders to refine the vision and execution plan for the continued growth and evolution of the India team
- Collaborate with existing TP&A Manager in Gurgaon to effectively manage all aspects of the team
- Attract, retain and develop high-caliber team members; create and sustain a positive, collaborative, supportive and innovative environment through regular feedback and mentorship
- Be actively involved in the work; understand details and provide effective coaching and problem-solving on a day-to-day basis; engage with U.S. team members regularly to ensure alignment re: prioritization
- Ensure that the team produces exceptional quality deliverables as efficiently as possible; develop/refine key metrics to enable operational management, including productivity vs. milestones and SLAs
- Identify and actively pursue opportunities to drive iterative improvement in all areas (e.g., process, tools, talent, policies)
- 7+ years of experience, ideally with focus on Business Analytics and/or Sales Operations
- MBA or Graduation from Top Tier School and/or management consulting experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead medium- to large-sized teams in a high-performance culture
- Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency with MS Excel, relational databases, macros, and MS Powerpoint; familiarity with predictive modeling, statistics and statistical tools a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to collaborate cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to form trust-based relationships with and influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load in a fast-paced environment
Job Requisition ID:29641
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.