Team Manager, Data Collection- Gartner L2
About this role:
L2, a Gartner company, is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our members with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research.
The Team Manager will play a critical role in helping to manage a growing team of Data Collection Specialists here in Gurgaon. As the immediate supervisor for a group of full-time data collectors, the manager will be responsible for developing and implementing highly-effective personnel management protocols that are consistent with Gartner requirements while also enabling us to maintain a reliable people-powered data operation. Serving first and foremost as a personnel supervisor, the principal responsibility of the Team Leader will be to create an accountability structure that allows us to maintain the highest levels of collective productivity and individual consistency/dependability for data collectors on the team.
In addition to serving as a subject matter expert and local operations leader for data collection projects, the Team Manager will work closely with other managers on the data collection team to assess collector talent, refine our hiring strategy, surface process improvement ideas based on collector input and ensure that important updates are effectively communicated to the Gurgaon unit. This is an ideal position for individuals who are excited to tackle the challenges associated with coordinating a new team, understand the value of value of professional feedback as a mechanism of developing talent, and have experience implementing workflow structures to support long-term operational success.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of associates/specialists and effectively manage multiple data collection projects
- Oversee end to end project management - project planning, timeliness & data quality
- Monitor and assess the day-to-day productivity of individual direct reports
- Provide substantive feedback to team members, in addition to year-end performance assessments of direct reports
- Set and enforce local standards of communication to ensure operational success
- Facilitate continuous engagement with members of the data collection management team across geographies
- Manage resource allocation and ensure ROI of existing resources, utilizing team skills and competencies to fulfill project requests.
- Oversee recruitment, training new recruits and building internal knowledge base
- Enforce internal processes and policies across the team
- Team knowledge and skills development – continuously update knowledge base in areas relevant to business through continuous trainings/knowledge sharing session
- Key emphasis on individual’s productivity, timeliness and continuous workflow (addressing any roadblocks)
- Motivate, coach, facilitate, solve work problems, address people-related issues, and be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the team
- Add value to the deliverables sent by the team by suggesting efficiencies
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables – making sure regular check are done by reviewing the deliverables
- Embrace and drive continuous process improvements, knowledge sharing, best practices within the team
What you’ll need:
- Graduation in any stream / MBA (Marketing, International Business or Ops) would have an added advantage
- 6 - 8+ years of experience in the research industry; minimum 2-3 years of experience in managing and mentoring junior resources in the team
- Excellent writing and communication skills will be essential
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across geographies or with tech-oriented teams will be an added advantage
Who you are:
- Possess a strong process-oriented mindset and critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to coach team members
- Strong knowledge across disciplines within the marketing industries, vertical markets, major vendors, products or solutions
- Ability to manage and perform a very broad set of responsibilities, often with conflicting time demands
- Strategic thinker who can come up with business insights that helps in scaling capabilities.
- Problem-solver who can adapt as needed for unplanned and/or urgent business requirements
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day.
From CIOs and senior information technology (IT) leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to supply chain professionals, digital marketing professionals and technology investors, Gartner is the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises.
Gartner works with clients to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual roles. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has almost 9,000 associates, including 1,900 research analysts and consultants, operating in more than 90 countries.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38887
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.