Team Manager, Analyst TalentLab, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
In order to efficiently scale and continue to delight customers, Gartner is investing in a new associate-level Research Analyst Lab located in our Gurgaon Center of Excellence. Analysts on this exciting new team will be aligned with Gartner’s most visionary experts to directly support clients by writing research and delivering compelling interactions. High-performing analysts in our Gurgaon Center of Excellence will develop into thought leaders and progress on an amazing career trajectory.
As Manager of Research Analyst Lab, you would be expected to manage a team of Individual Contributors aligned with specific Key Initiatives (KIs) and research teams enabling them to deliver must have research, handle client interactions and presentations.
What you will do:
- Manage and lead a team of Individual contributors (Research Analysts/Sr. Research Analysts) focused on writing must have research and handling client interactions.
- Key emphasis on individual’s productivity, timeliness and continuous workflow (addressing any roadblocks)
- Stakeholder management – regular interactions with the Leadership Team, Research Team Manager and other senior members of the research team to which the analyst is aligned with.
- Motivate, coach, facilitate, solve work problems, address people-related issues, and be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the team
- Add value to the research deliverables sent by the team
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables – making sure regular check are done by reviewing the documents, listening/ shadowing the client inquiries.
- Embrace and drive continuous process improvements, knowledge sharing, best practices within the team and also identify training needs and organize training/on-boarding sessions
What you’ll need:
- BE/B.Tech from Grade A engineering colleges (specialization in CS, Telecom or electronics will be useful) + MBA (Marketing or Ops) from leading B-schools
- 10+ years of experience in the research industry dealing in different technology/domain areas; minimum 2-3 years of experience in managing people
- Report writing experience with good writing skills and research background will be essential
- Experience in managing multiple senior stakeholders across geographies will be an added advantage
Who you are:
- Possesses a strong leadership mindset and experience of managing a team– good interpersonal skills and ability to coach team members
- Articulate and tactful communications skills with proven self-discipline and collaborative mindset – communicate well with team members and stakeholders
- Good knowledge across disciplines within the IT industry, vertical markets, major vendors, products or solutions
- Ability to manage and perform a very broad set of responsibilities, often with conflicting time demands Strategic business thinker who can come up with business insights that helps in scaling.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day.
From CIOs and senior information technology (IT) leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to supply chain professionals, digital marketing professionals and technology investors, Gartner is the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises.
Gartner works with clients to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual roles. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has almost 9,000 associates, including 1,900 research analysts and consultants, operating in more than 90 countries.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:41055
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.