Team Lead - Content
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Team Lead Content
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
We seek a passionate and experienced research and writing professional to lead a team of analysts who create ridiculously helpful research content. This leader must drive the creation of thought leading content that also helps Gartner Digital Markets build greater authority and brand awareness by increasing reader engagement, growing web visitor traffic, motivating desired calls to action, enhancing SEO performance, fostering social media activity and improving other readership key performance indicators. Working as part of Gartner Research, you will have access to vast amounts of research, expertise, market data and analyses to help your teams create great content.
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage high-performing content team.
- Analyze content performance and make critical decisions on the direction of our content strategy.
- Lead or participate in the design of new types of high-impact content.
- Lead our collaborative content planning process including brainstorming, refinement and finalization of content topics for editorial calendars.
- Collaborate with the marketing and product teams to ensure content plans meet the needs of the business.
- Lead the on-time creation and delivery of high-quality and engaging content to ensure we meet the needs of our target audience (small to midsize businesses).
- Build a thought leadership reputation for our content, analysts and brands.
- Work with marketing teams to ensure content is SEO optimized, promotable and promoted effectively.
- Work closely with Gartner Enterprise Research colleagues to leverage relevant research and contextualize it for small business leaders.
- Forecast content performance to align content strategy with business goals and collaboratively make longer-view decisions on team expansion and breadth and depth of content coverage.
- Work to collaboratively formulate and execute on change initiatives that will keep our teams, systems and content on the leading edge.
- Grow your capabilities within the broader environment of Gartner leadership development.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication, or related field of study.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience in content writing with including minimum 2 years of experience in leading research content delivery.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in building and managing high achieving teams during an environment of continuous improvement and significant change.
- Prior experience delivering technology-related content.
- Prior experience in delivering relevant business software content highly desired.
- Prior experience in delivering SEO-targeted web content also desired.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Exceptional writing skills across different content topics and formats. Proficiency in AP Style desired.
- Strong analytical abilities in examining and acting on content performance metrics including proficiency with spreadsheets and BI tools. Google Analytics experience desired.
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead teams through significant change.
- Experience with Google Docs, WordPress and other Content Management Systems (CMSs).
Who you are:
- Has a passion for technology and how it impacts business success.
- Can build, grow and motivate strong teams in a fast-paced environment where improvement is continuous.
- Has proven adept at fact-based analysis and critical thinking. In other words, you’re no stranger to manipulating pivot tables and interpreting survey results.
- Can lead the brainstorming, planning and creation efforts for highly engaging content.
- Is highly skilled at expressing important information through the written word and other scalable delivery formats, such as graphics, video and audio.
- Is extremely organized and diligent in on-time editorial calendar execution.
- Understands the many facets of web content and how SEO impacts content marketing.
Will help us define the future of our research content in a world of constant change.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.