Principal, Research - Audit & Risk
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About This Role
We are seeking a Research Principal to support the discovery of actionable business ideas that will help Chief Audit Executives transform their organizations, people and business outcomes. This role enables you to explore your intellectual curiosity in a collaborative, team-based environment. You’ll be offered robust training, support and coaching to achieve career success and advance within the Research organization.
What You’ll Do
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Manage key research deliverables, including but not limited to: large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, roundtable discussions, or custom, in-bound research requests.
- Serve as a thought partner to senior leadership and help shape the strategy of the team by identifying and driving innovations in line with the goals of the research team and Gartner.
- Conduct research interviews and in-person meetings with C-level executives and use these interactions to drive research deliverables and inform research colleagues of key insights shaping the landscape.
- Stay abreast of key trends in the audit, risk and assurance profession and use this knowledge to drive timely and relevant products.
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor's degree required, and a Master’s/PhD in a social science preferred.
- 5+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity in order to process and understand information quickly, as well as diagnose issues to make actionable recommendations.
- Experience converting qualitative and quantitative information into clear frameworks, narratives and visually compelling presentations.
Who You Are
- Critical thinker and problem solver, demonstrating the ability to assess business problems and provide actionable, outcome-based insights.
- A great writer with experience publishing business-related deliverables such as white papers, articles, etc.
- Excellent communicator and relationship manager who enjoys working with C-level Executives and can disseminate complex data through relevant means.
- Enjoy working independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be willing to work out of Arlington, VA.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental) and more!
Job Requisition ID:48701
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.