Sr Specialist, QUADs
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual curiosity. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and provide clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities and make a global impact. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Senior Data Science Specialist
Gartner is a people business. Fuelled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage, we are a team of thinkers, doers, and lifelong learners. We are innately curious, drive, disciplined and humble.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity
About this role:
Gartner’s Human Resources Practice is currently seeking a Senior Data Science Specialist for its fast-paced, growing HR Data Insights and Innovation team. The team’s mission is to drive innovations in data collection, data mining and data analysis in order to push the boundaries of what is possible for our research insight and research products. The role is also responsible for product design, data collection (structure and non-structured), data transformation, data storage, and results analysis (including summary, visual presentation, and data story).
What you will do:
- Tell stories with data through expert analysis, interpretation, and data visualization that convey key takeaways.
- Mine data using multi-source data aggregation and analysis, descriptive and prescriptive data analysis, and enhancements of internal BI analyses.
- Develop (or use current) data crawling and/or data scrapping algorithms to retrieve and store data which will be used to drive or enhance primary research initiatives and product innovations.
- Know which statistical technique to use in which situations; design for and apply statistical methods such as cluster analysis, factor analysis, and multivariate analysis.
- Collaborate with the globally distributed stakeholders in the creation of new and compelling data assets and data products, as well as the enhancement of our current products.
- Be as comfortable communicating analytical insights as creating them; effectively present insights to internal stakeholders.
- Identify new opportunities to leverage data and collaborate across the research practice
- Contribute to the team growth and strategy through self-development and collaboration with peers.
Who you are:
- Masters or PhD in disciplines with a strong quantitative component, including Data Science, Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Social Science, Psychology, Economics, Econometrics, Commerce or Political Science
- 3-5 years of total experience, with expertise in data science, data analysis, quantitative research, and analytics
- Ability and desire to work extensively in data science, data analysis and quantitative research
- Proficiency with statistical concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Python and/or R
- Strong knowledge of MS Power BI and/or Tableau
- Exceptional record of academic achievements
- Original/creative thinking and superior problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and strong commitment to high quality results to serve needs of clients and internal partners
- Self-motivated/self-starter approach to projects
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based rewards
- Opportunities to strengthen market research expertise
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and an Employee Assistance Program. Are you ready to jump on board?
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:46706
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.